Hanover, PA
Codorus State Park - Pines Mini DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg

Bite-sized fun at Codorus!

1    6/12/2010   6/12/2010
Review By: jblough
Pros: - Talk about a relaxing and chill experience after the 54 grueling holes on the rest of the State Park! The grassy lawn and peaceful pine forest help with the serenity.

- A surprising challenge! I only birdied two and had three bogies.

- The pines definitely serve as obstacles. I enjoy how half of the holes are in the pine grove and the other half are out in the open. Slight doglegs are present for both hyzer and anhyzer shots, although I'm starting to wonder if throwing a mini disc with an anyzer angle is even feasible!

- nicely marked tees with the number, but no teepad. (Do you really need a run-up, though?)

- Great for disc golfers of all ages and backgrounds!
Cons: - Only nine holes.

- Wish some of the holes were longer! Maybe a true par 4 in mini golf? And a water hazard (i.e. a puddle?)

- Some of the baskets are getting beaten up. I bet a group of morons probably tried putting their 180 gram discs on the tiny baskets.
Other Thoughts: Before you slam this course for being too small or easy, remember what its true purpose is for: children! That's what the PA state park website for Codorus says, anyway. I think it's really awesome that you can take a toddler here and teach him/her the basic fundamentals of disc golf with a tiny little disc.

Regardless of what your age is, mini disc golf rules! I'm an avid mini disc golfer, although this is my first public course. (I usually just play safari or target with my minis on other courses).

I can't help but chuckle when playing though. I must look ridiculous chucking tiny little minis into a pine forest with baskets that go up to my kneecaps. Oh well, it's still a blast!

I'm going to assume it's average, as it could have been far worse but my mini disc golf utopia would have a lot more.

For Giggles

1    7/15/2009   4/3/2010
Review By: JDaley522
Pros: Nice little mini course...great for kids and true "beginners"
Cons: Not challenging for an avid golfer, but still fun
Other Thoughts: I had played the other Codorus courses, and was standing in the parking lot when I decided to try it. Why not? It was there, and so was I...

2-4    5/4/2009   3/21/2010
Review By: tistoude
Pros: I love mini golf! This is a great way to wind down a little after playing any of the 54 real holes at Codorus. The course has a good mix of open and wooded holes and has two tee's per hole. The mini course is very well maintained and is a convenient location relative to the rest of the disc golf activities.
Cons: On a few holes it is a little vague which hole the tee's are heading towards. There are only 9 Holes! I know those little baskets are kind of expensive but 18 holes with a little more hole variety would be awsome.
Other Thoughts: Codorus has 54 very nice holes and this little 9 hole mini course is a perfect example of why it is such a special destination for disc golf. It is the perfect extra touch.