Glenwood Springs, CO
Colorado Mountain College - Glenwood Share
Uploaded By: bobmcnelly Hole #5 (Taken 8/2012)

Destination ,destination ,destination !!!!! Amazing!!!!!

1    8/20/2012   8/25/2012
Review By: cat5
Pros: Where to begin??? This coarse is amazing! Each hole is very well defined, minimal confusion. Really challenging and fun shots. Amazing views of surrounding Aspen,Vail,and Snowmass. Very clean and well maintained. Met a bunch of really cool fellow disc players as well.
Cons: None for the most part. There are 2 or 3 holes with thick trees, but that's what they have the tomahawk throw.
Other Thoughts: This is an amazing coarse!!! I would for sure consider this a destination coarse. If your really all about it, you could make it a weekend trip. Play this coarse on Saturday and then drive 45 minutes up the road and play Snowmass. A lot of fun and the local disc community are great people.

Home Sweet Home

5+    6/25/2012   6/26/2012
Review By: Tucker Calhoon
Pros: I'm a local player, and volunteer for the local club. That being noted, this is my favorite course I've played anywhere in the country. I feel so lucky I get to play here everyday. The views of the mountains to the south are dramatic and awe inspiring; sunsets are a like a dream. Each hole has 2 or 3 positions, which are moved around regularly so its ever changing. Great lengths have been made to create signage for each hole at the tees with accurate distances, and as of this past week each hole has a "to the next tee" directional sign in order to make it user friendly for folks on their first visit.

Favorites are #2 which is over a huge crater, and #8 which is long and open with a technical ending zone. I love the whole course actually; each hole is well thought out. Many holes end left, and just as many end right. Bring a full bag, and a big arm.

Cons: I don't know; wish they weren't so strict about the "dogs on leashes" thing. The campus police are all over you if they see your dog running around off leash. The course itself isn't lacking anything I can think of.
Other Thoughts: I give this course a 5 with complete sincerity. I can't think of anything its lacking, comparing to other big courses I've seen. I played De Lavega last winter, and this one isn't lacking anything they have there in Santa Cruz; actually our 12' concrete tee pads are better than theirs, and our signage is better too! I'm just saying. I did love De Lavega, and many others that I've played, but this course is my all time favorite.

1    3/18/2012   3/18/2012
Review By: tacsmurf
Pros: Fantastic course layout with breath taking views. The first hole captures the beautiful landscape with a short hole placed in a raised pin position. Each hole presents a new set of challenges. The course is well maintained by the locals. We were lucky enough to Play with a group from the area and I was surprised at how friendly people were at every encounter. Unlike many of the other mountain course it is difficult to lose a disc. Spotters were not necessary. Each hole was equipped with ample benches to take a break or just enjoy the beauty all around you.
Cons: The pads are slightly worn in but rubber mats are found near most holes for whipping mud off of your shoes before making a shot.

Hazards are ample but there are no water hazards.

Signs mark each hole but are lacking pictures displaying pin positions.
Other Thoughts: This course is a must play and don't forget your camera.

My new favorite course

1    7/16/2011   7/17/2011
Review By: kingjeremiah
Pros: This is an amazing course, well layed out, all types of shoots, and fantastic views!!! its really easy to follow with some common foot paths.
Cons: The boxes are a little uneven if you use a follow through step, but just back up more; needed a spotter a lot so as to not lose discs
Other Thoughts: I will for sure be coming back to play this course again. Also, bragging rights... I shoot a skip ACE on hole 18!!!!

Play this course!

5+    8/28/2007   4/7/2009
Review By: beardown4life
This review was updated on 5/6/2009
Pros: Great technical course. Every hole has a different feel to it from throwing over a crater, to shooting through a 6 foot wide pipe, to 1 or 2 challenging deuceables, to grip and rippers.

You want it, CMC has got it. ENJOY!
Cons: You better be patient if you are a beginner playing this course.

look out for small cactus if you wander off the beaten path.
Other Thoughts: No one can completely describe playing this course. go check it out, and you'll probably play around and start right away on the first hole for round 2.

Top Colorado Mountain Course

1    8/22/2008   11/13/2008
Review By: Mr. C
Pros: If this isn't the best Colorado Mountain course, it certainly is in the top 5. It starts with the most scenic 1st hole you may ever play. You literally play right toward Mount Sopris in the Elk Range. The basket placement is elevated four feet, a wink and nod to the funky roots of the sport. On a clear day, you can see various other Elk range peaks, including Capital Peak and its infamous knife edge. Most baskets are guarded by trees, making approach shots difficult and precise. All holes have concrete t-pads, which are rare on Colorado Mountain disc golf courses. The course had just been cleaned when I played it and was pristine - not one cigarette butt. Having benches on every hole was real nice.
Cons: This is a weird complaint, but can a course be too perfect? On every hole, I knew exactly what skill the designer tested me with and what disc I needed. (e.g. Hole #3 - Long uphill thumber. Hole #4 - Long hyser driver. Hole #8 - Forehand flick, or full thumber etc.) It was a little eerie...Also I wasn't sure, nor were the locals, if the 2 meter rule was in effect - it makes a difference on the risk/reward approach to the baskets.
Other Thoughts: The Colorado Open was recently played there - just a great, great experience.

CMC is a must play!

2-4    10/19/2008   10/19/2008
Review By: Fritz
Pros: Challenging, beautiful scenery, multiple pin placements. This course is one of the best courses I've played. If you fail on accuracy, you pay a tough price on this course.
Tight accurate shots are needed on this course, and you need an arm on some holes.
Cons: Dusty and the tree sap can be annoying. Other then that, no cons.
If you don't pay attention, you can get hurt off the tee pads. Hole #2 if you fall off the pad, you are ina world of hurt.

7/30/2006   8/4/2008
Review By: volleyballnick
Pros: Amazing scenery, amazing course, it's got everything. The hole (I believe it is #2) over the crater-like area is one of my favorite i've ever played.
Cons: Very unforgiving at times (an overthrow on the first hole goes down 30 feet over rocks), but just part of the challenge, no real complaints
Other Thoughts: This is probably the best course I have ever played. Anyone looking for a challenge, beauty, nature, or just some of the most amazing disc golf holes ever made, this is your course. I wish I lived closer so I could play this course all the time.