Leadville, CO
Colorado Mountain College - Leadville Share

Great course!

1    9/25/2014   8/22/2015
Review By: CDiz001
Pros: Great course that will make use of all of your discs in your bag. Front nine is tight and technical while the back 9 is more open but still requires you to avoid trees to get to the basket. I thought I was going to get lost when I played this course for the first time but it turned out to be fairly easy to navigate. Some par 4's which is always nice when at my local courses there are none.
Cons: I did not have any major issues or noticed anything out of the ordinary at this course. Seems to be kept up well. The only minor issue I would see is that there needs to be better signage to guide people to the course especially players that have never played there before.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed this course when I played there last year. It really was worth the 2 hour drive to get to Leadville. The tee pads and signs are in great condition and it was easy to navigate the course and there are nice paths to follow so it is easy to find the next hole. I will definitely be back to play this course hopefully before the snow rolls in! This is a very fun course! Not too busy either like bigger city courses are.

Great Disc'n

1    7/24/2011   7/24/2011
Review By: mtndiscs11
Pros: -Very diverse course terrain with great basket placement
-Front nine tight and technical making every shot selection tough and the need to use every type shot in you bag
-Great elevation changes with again the placement of the baskets well thought of
-Hole 18 is incredible and for my 1st time playing "EAGLE" is exceptionally a great memory
-Great views and plenty of beautiful country to look at

Cons: Tough to find the basket placement for a 1st timer and could use a little better marking system on the baskets themselves. Otherwise just maybe some more trash cans to help eliminate the trash from those that don't understand how to pick up after themselves.
Other Thoughts: Loved the course and by far one of my all time favorites now. Look forward to meeting you again Leadville course!

Stunning Course

2-4    8/9/2011   7/23/2011
Review By: ChargerRacing
This review was updated on 8/25/2011
Pros: - Great mix of shots and wide variety of terrain.
- Unbelievable views, simply can't be beat. One that sticks out in my mind is number 10. After coming out of the more tight and technical front nine we came to hole number 10 which was a more open sagebrush valley looking west towards Mt. Massive just before sunset. This is the single most memorable hole I've ever played.
- Some absolutely great holes on the course. Starting right away on hole number 1, the course challenges you. Other standout holes for me are 10, 12, and 18.
- The front and back nine have their own distinct character. The front is a more tight and closed in woods course, while the back is a more open sagebrush dominated course with much shorter trees.
- This course requires every kind of shot. From big hyzers and anhyzers to tomahawks and s-curves, this course requires that you use every shot in your bag.
- Excellent layout. The course was incredibly easy to follow even for a first time player. The stone lined paths really helped.
- Did I mention some incredible views?
Cons: - Signage was near nonexistant which was problematic at times, but never left you wondering where to go.
- For a first time player, the goals could use some sort of color so you can distinguish them from the trees on some holes.
- Number nine's basket was missing altogether, so we had to play to number 18.
Other Thoughts: Despite some maintenance problems, this course is absolutely phenomenal. I loved the shots required of you and the wonderful variety throughout the 18 holes. Add to this an incredible location and you have an outstanding course. It left a mark on me, and stands out as the single most enjoyable course I have played to this point. I must say I'm jealous of the residents of Leadville.

EDIT: The basket on number nine is now in place and someone tied flagging tape to all of the baskets, which have taken care of some of my cons. However, upon playing the course again, I feel like some fairways could use several trees cleared, just to give you a bit more of a fairway. My overall impression of the course is still the same though.

Lots of Love 2 Miles High!

5+    4/30/2010   5/10/2010
Review By: tele-mon
Pros: Stunning views, variety of holes, great cement tee boxes, figure-8 layout, can play the back nine right until sunset over Mt. Massive. Well maintained most of the time, with trash cans and brooms at every hole.
Cons: Some trash and glass get churned up from it's former mining dump days.
Other Thoughts: One of my all-time favorite courses! Classic Colorado mountain course. Breathtaking views on the back nine, especially at sunset. Great variety of shots. Figure 8 design means you can be throwing #9 underneath #1 throwing North to South, and #18 throwing South to North over a former rail trestle. FUN! Leadville is a great town too: Eat a fat Filet Mignon for $7 at Quincy's, then head over to the bowling alley for super-cheap games and maybe the biggest pinball game collection in the Rockies, and you've had a good day! (note: course was still snowbound at the end of April, but is probably in fine shape now. A couple of baskets don't get put out until late May.)

1    6/27/2009   6/29/2009
Review By: Sectorado
Pros: Quiet and peaceful with amazing views, the trees on the front nine don't seem as dense as some other mountain courses with tight tree holes, nice variety of shots, lots of benches
Cons: Basket on hole #3 missing
Other Thoughts: Bring lots of water