Kennewick, WA
Columbia Park - River Country DGC Share
Uploaded By: Jodabro Hole #17 (Taken 6/2011)
3 / 260ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #17 Tee: Dogleg left around big tree in middle

1    4/25/2014   4/26/2014
Review By: ampmtnbkr2
Pros: --Concrete tee pads
--New signs on tee pads (last one put up as we arrived)
--Course clean
--Friendly/helpful locals
Cons: --Tee boxes too close to previous hole's basket...often had to wait for tee box ahead to clear before throwing.
--Oldest course in town and not really difficult -- I have been playing only a year, and my standard goal is to throw better than a "bogey" round (no more than +18 for a round).....I threw a +7 and had no hole worse than a 4!
Other Thoughts: Very fun round! 2 1/2 hours from my home, but I will definitely go back! Well maintained course (they were having a tournament the day after I played -- was being polished up while I was there...).

Columbia Park

2-4    5/10/2010   7/5/2011
Review By: DiscNoid
Pros: Well designed course with multiple tee pads and pin placements. Some elevation changes. Clear fairways with a few trees thrown in for good measure. Next to the river with restrooms and such. Easy to find right off the highway. Good course to play when passing through the Tri-Cities.
Cons: Vandals have made it difficult when first starting out on the course as they have destroyed signage. Terrain can be rough in a coupe areas and the region can be HOT in summer months and don't forget about the wind. It can be brutal here as well.
Other Thoughts: The city needs to do something about the maintenance on this course...

Fun Course Rude Locals

2-4    5/8/2011   5/17/2011
Review By: PDXDisc
Pros: Fun course with lots of alternate basket locations and variety of terrain and distances. Great use of the natural hazards to make the fairway a challenge to navigate.
Cons: No maps or signs or directions on the walkouts. If you try this course without pre-printing a map or playing a bunch of times you will get out of sequence.
Other Thoughts: This is the first course I've played in years where I ran into belligerent locals. To be fair, I did not have a map and got out of sequence and ended up a throwing behind them while they were trying to play for skins. But was basically told to quit pressing them and go skip to the back nine and get out of their way.

Not bad but not great...but good

2-4    11/23/2009   12/9/2009
Review By: Cerrgurry
Pros: Love the shots that utilize elevation change.
Nice selection of alternate baskets.
Lots of players...love seeing people having fun
Cons: Teepads are a bit narrow for me
Though a lot of garbage cans trash still scattered throughout the course.
No maps available with OB's Mandos etc.
Lots of players....hate dealing with attitudes of jerks.
Other Thoughts: I was lucky enough to have a guide to navigate my first attempt to play the course. I feel without a map I would have been helplessly lost figuring out which basket and what is in and out etc.