Thousand Oaks, CA
Conejo Valley YMCA Share
Uploaded By: Danger Hole #6 (Taken 4/2010)
Hole #6 Tee: Basket next to building.

Pretty awful

1    4/13/2013   4/17/2013
Review By: mashnut
Pros: The course plays on the grounds of the Y. A few holes use a hilly area with cactus and other desert plants, these holes offer some risk/reward with rollaway potential and plenty of spiky lies if you miss your landing zone. The remainder of the holes play around and through the other activities on the Y campus. These are flatter and a little longer. It's great to see disc golf included with other activities for kids, it's a great way to introduce new players to the sport.
Cons: The course seems to have been thrown in without any regard to design or safety. Too many shots cross over one another or play directly through playgrounds and other activities. None of the holes is all that interesting, they all offer straight shots at the hole (except the one that forces a shot over the high fence of the basketball court that kids won't be able to make anyway).

The equipment is in terrible shape. Of the 6 remaining baskets, only a couple had more than a few links of chain left and all were bent enough that discs went right through the bottom even if you made a putt. The tees are overgrown and not level, a few are no longer marked.
Other Thoughts: I like the idea of a beginner friendly course in this location, unfortunately the execution and maintenance are sorely lacking. The course is frustrating for beginners without enough real challenges for more experienced players. I don't recommend this course at all unless you (like me) want to check off every course in the area.

Conejo = Don't Go!!!

1    12/23/2009   12/27/2009
Review By: Big Papa
This review was updated on 12/30/2009
Pros: None. Please avoid this place. Well, actually, use it as a road marker on the way to Acorn Park, which should be completed by Spring 10.
Cons: They charged us non-Y members $5 to play. The course is extremely poorly marked. Beyond cheapo baskets, like from a lego set. Cactus everywhere, including my legs. Pitiful, if non-existent tees. What were they thinking when they listed this as a course? Please remove this course from the list of availble places. I think it's actually a set for Candid Camera, cause you really can't believe this is for real, plus you PAID $5 to be insulted and afflicted by the cactus. The holes are super short, maybe take your putter, that's it, and some tweezers and a long pole to retrieve your disc from the cactus
Other Thoughts: I think "Conejo" is Spanish for "What a Joke". I can't believe this hasn't made it in a Simpsons episode, or something along those lines. We weren't mad when we left after playing the only 4 holes we could find. We actually felt as though we had partaken in a rite of passage into the realm of the absurd. If you go here with serious intent to play, I'm thinking you were out whizzin when they passed out brains.

not worth it

5+    12/20/2008   7/27/2009
Review By: dreadlock86
This review was updated on 5/17/2010
Pros: it's a place where you can throw discs at baskets
there are bathrooms and a water fountain
a small field where you can play catch, practice approaches or play some other sports once you realize that this course sucks and is not worth playing.
could be fun in a warped kind of way, since it's possibly the worst course you'll ever play.
Cons: short, terribly designed, cacti everywhere, poor tees, absurd obstacles, and the baskets are practically worthless.
Other Thoughts: this is a pathetic pitch & putt course. i would never bring anyone to play here. gives a terrible impression of what disc golf really is. only reason i ever come is to get a few holes in when i'm in town but don't have time to drive to sylmar or ventura.

**Like this review? Hate it? Message me and let me know why! I want to make them better!**

No way.

1    4/18/2008   5/18/2009
Review By: zenbot
This review was updated on 4/27/2010
Pros: There are none to speak of except that there is a small field to practice your mid-range game
Cons: Poorly marked, impenetrable cactus makes up a majority of the fairways, baskets have plastic chains that don't catch. This course should only be played by people that don't call the phone number on found discs.
Other Thoughts: Fortunately, the city of Thousand Oaks will be installing a course by October 09. (edit: new completion date will be May 2010) That should help fill part of the void from Ventura to Sylmar.

5+    5/4/2009   5/4/2009
Review By: flash86
Pros: I can usually find a positive in most things, but this course does not really have anything good going for it. I wish I could say it generates interest for people new to the game, but this course is never used because it is in such poor condition. I would rather have the course taken out than to have people think this is what disc golf is.
Cons: The baskets were "home made" with rebar and not to size specifications. The original plastic chains are either missing or broken. Holes are very, very short. Several holes are surrounded by cactus. Teepads in disrepair and unkept. Teepad for Hole 7 is gone now. There is a new temporary building where it used to be.
Other Thoughts: Even when I went to college about a mile from this course, we never played here. Only if we were really desperate would we even consider playing this course. As far as I am concerned based on the current condition of the course, it should be removed from the course directory since it is essentially unplayable.