Thousand Oaks, CA
Conejo Valley YMCA Share
Uploaded By: Danger Hole #3 (Taken 4/2010)

Arnold-Call Out The Guard!

1    4/1/2010   4/5/2010
Pros: I've sent a letter of the utmost urgency to Governor Schwarzenegger requesting that he, without a moment's delay, immediately call out the California National Guard to come out to Thousand Oaks and remove, disassemble, or cordon off this disaster area. I've also requested an autographed 8" x 10" picture of him in his Terminator jacket, but that's another story for another time. The only pro for this course is that someone at some time put some effort into designing and building this abberation of a course. For that reason alone, I'm giving it my Lucky Eagle Casino, Pick of the Week, 1/2 star rating. And I saw some rabbits happily hopping about. At least, they liked the course. Also because I played early in the morning, no-one was there to charge me the non-YMCA member price of $5.
Cons: Where to start! Probably with the basket in the center of the low lying cactus field. The rabbits I observed couldn't hop through this prickly mine field without getting thorns in their little bunny behinds. My next favorite lowlight was the # 9 basket. It stands about 6 inches off the ground. Maybe the rabbits can't throw high enough for a standard height basket? Add to that the fact for a very small course, navigation is nightmarish. The design is abysmal and you have a very poor excuse for a course.
Other Thoughts: If you rush, you might be able to get there before Arnold's National Guard stormtroopers. If not, you haven't missed anything at all. Wait for the new Rabbit Flats course which is scheduled to open in another two months..