Chattanooga, TN
The Sinks Share
Uploaded By: bk_ching Hole #2 (Taken 5/2011)
Hole #2 Basket to Tee: Position A

It was fun, but could be better

1    7/24/2012   7/25/2012
Review By: LoPan12
Pros: -Baskets in good condition
-Concrete pads
-Informational, but not overwhleming/confusing signs
-Benches at each pad, trash cans every few holes
-Good parking, front 9 ends by lot, making a quick 9 (front or back) easy.
-mostly fair fairways, not overcrowded with trees. The roughage is on the thick side, but didn't have too much of an issue.
-Two pads at each hole, with two pin positions.
Cons: -Some holes had multiple pins, which, for a first timer, can be confusing, but hole 15 had a third pin, that was even closer, which I ended up throwing at.
-A couple holes still had trees that didnt need to be there.
-Lots of partial backtracking from the pin, down and onto the fairway, to get to the next hole. I can see this at worst getting you thrown at. But I see it definitely holding up play, and overall flow of the course if its crowded. People behind you would have to wait for you to hole out, and then walk back. Just a few more seconds, but added up over the course, and then ripple it back down the line of groups, and it could add up.
-The first sinkhole was kind of neat, but after that, they were just kind of gross mucky/wet insect holes...don't know how I feel about them, but its enough to go in the cons..
-Hole 6 was one of those, no line, screen of late trouble trees holes that really annoys me. Makes me want to go with the course designer, ask "what line is intended to be thrown here?" and see him do it. I'll even give him multiple chances at it, but if he tells me that I need to thread "those two" trees, and S-curve around another set, and then make it through a tree trunk screen, I'm gonna call BS on him. Maybe there is a line, or a local route, that I didnt see, oh well.
Other Thoughts: I played short tees to short pins, partly because it was a new course, and partly because my coworker that tagged along wasnt a thrower, just chucking for fun.
Another thing though, the pin on 9 is elevated with tires. This is a pet peeve of mine, but I won't put it as a con, just a note. That and I almost aced it, skipped off the top of the basket.
I plan to hit the long tees tomorrow morning, and I'll update my review accordingly.

Gotta go to work, but I'll finish this review later! Maybe throw the longs tonight if I have some free time.

Nothing but the Kitchen Sinks

1    5/25/2012   7/7/2012
Review By: bpartrid
Pros: *Nicely wooded area
*Cool atmosphere
*Lots of potential
*Couple of sink holes are cool
Cons: *Still too many trees on the actual course
*Some locals will throw upon you even while you are still on the hole
*Lots of squandered potential
*Most sink holes are small and uninteresting and some look like diarrhea toilets
Other Thoughts: The whole concept to this review is the "what could have been" course. It seems obvious that the creators of this course pretty much just cut down the trees of this wooded area to make a DGC, which can be awesome but it wasn't. Too many trees are just left on the holes to where most of the time luck is favored instead of accuracy and skill. There is even a hole where only half the tree is cut down, which sits conveniently 20 ft from the tee pad and directly in the way of the exact flight path you need to take!!!! (somebody, anybody, please just quietly cut the rest of that tree down). This course could be considered technical, but there is better out there to hone your technical part of the game. If this is the best Chattanooga offers, then I am sorry, but just make the drive to Cloudland instead for a better time. Sorry to be so judging, but what irks me most is that this course could have been much, much more. Sweet area for a DGC though.

Not my cup O tea

5+    11/6/2011   11/13/2011
Review By: Chigger Hamby
Pros: Multiple pin placements
Multiple tees
Double chains
Practice putting basket
Practice driving range
The spot to go in Chatt. for disc golf
Cons: Always a crowd there
Fairways need a little more clearing for me to enjoy this course(leaving all the little 2-3 inch trees is very bothersome)
Muddy after a rain

Other Thoughts: This is one course I usually skip to play. I just do not like SUPER tight wooded holes. I'll go to Sheperd down the road before I go to the sinks. Still a great course, if you're into that sort of thing.

Cut some of the smaller vines and trees out and open the fairways up some.

Trees, Trees, and giant sink holes

1    1/29/2010   1/29/2010
Review By: sdervan
Pros: Pros: The Baskets are in very good shape and the multiple tee pads/pin locations were awesome. The course is very well laid out and a lot of work went into making this one of the most challenging courses i have played.
Cons: Cons: There were far to many trees and no holes that you could just let it rip. No open holes deep sinks holes means that you will more than likely be looking for a lost disc. You can't even see the sink holes until after your first shot and then sometimes it's too late.
Other Thoughts: I would play this course again and would recommend it but would not make it a regular stop.

Trees, limbs vines and stumps BEWARE!

5+    1/24/2009   3/3/2009
Review By: discchik
Pros: Keeps you humble. Great for developing accuracy. Great place to play when it's windy.
Cons: Very crowded course. Hidden small stumps will trip you if you aren't careful. They keep moving the baskets every other week! Sheesh Just because you CAN bring your pet to the Sinks doesn't mean that you should. Too many loose dogs whose owners are oblivious to the fact that their precious lil angels might be distracting others.
Other Thoughts: A lot of thought and planning went into this course and it shows. For some reason while playing this course with my fiance' we have encountered several groups of 6 or more who never allow us to play through. We weren't sure if these people know disc golf etiquette or if they just don't care. The atmosphere seems a bit more intense here than other courses. No so much family friendly.