Chattanooga, TN
The Sinks Share
Uploaded By: bk_ching Hole #17 (Taken 5/2011)
Hole #17 Basket to Tee: Position B

Awesome course.

5+    5/8/2013   5/8/2013
Review By: Rockyraccoon
Pros: This is a great course with many perks. Each hole features two concrete tee pads, benches and multiple pin placements.....some even have multiple pins. Great variety of shots requiring straight, hyzer and anny lines. Mostly wooded holes all offer throwable lines although some are tight. The course is well maintained and also has a practice basket and a driving range also with a basket. Several trash cans are located along the course. Small water hazards/sink holes add to the challenge.
Cons: Not a lot to list here. The course can get a little muddy after rains but its not horrible....even after the recent downpours. The sinkholes can eat a disc but most are small and have rakes nearby to help retrieve sunken discs. The brush can be thick if you get off the fairway.
Other Thoughts: This is one of the best courses I've played as it is fun, challenging, and has something for everyone with many layout options per hole. The local club apparently does a great job taking care of this course. Well worth a visit anytime your in the area.

My home course

5+    3/11/2013   3/18/2013
Review By: Discjunkie89
Pros: This is a course that can humble some of the best players. It is challenging and yet still fun. It taught me very quickly distance isn't nearly as important as accuracy. I have played this course 2-3 times a week at least since I started playing more than a few times a year. I am just now getting brave enough to play the long pads. This course has helped my game a whole lot.
Cons: Hole 11 floods part of the winter (about 50 feet or so of the fairway) right where my drives normally land. Also the longer tee boxes arent too much longer but this really isn't too much of a con because they still change the way I have to play the course.
Other Thoughts: It is a fun course. It will challenge your accuracy every throw and make you jump for joy on some shots and kick your bag on others. Its brutal, yet I havent found a course that after a round of shooting under par so satisfying.

best course in chattanooga

5+    5/22/2011   7/22/2011
Review By: chrishank
Pros: This is the only 18 hole course in the chattanooga area. The best part is 2 teepads and 2 pin locations for every hole. So basically you can play 18, 36, 54, or 72 holes. All you have to do is switch it up after each round. This course also is more evenily matched with needing a backhand or a flick shot. A lot of holes have option for either on it due to the trees. I love this course for its challenges and its diversity.
Cons: My only complaint is the croud. Not that I have problem with people but more so the waiting at each hole just to play a qauick game. Its almost impossible to do. That being said it is the only 18 hole course in chat so what else do you expect.
Other Thoughts: I would highly recommend this course to anyone who likes a little challenge. Not every hole is challenging but 75 percent are. Also this course is played a lot as I stated earlier so anytime I go I take a trash bag and help pick up some of the garabage that people have left behind. Its not a trashed course but does have litter due to people not caring.

Not just a clever name

1    7/6/2010   7/7/2010
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: The Sinks has almost everything you could ask for in a disc golf course. Two concrete tee pads on each hole. At least two pin placements on most holes. Some holes had baskets in both positions. A driving range along with multiple tee boxes. A putting practice basket. Benches and signs at every hole. Water when it's hot outside, a gnome, and the kitchen sink. This is a very versatile course containing a good mix of shots at any distance. Through woods without much elevation (unless you land in one of the "Sinks"). One of the most well equipped courses I have had the pleasure of visiting.
Cons: The sinkholes scattered through the course looked very intimidating (some of them had ladders to climb out of them). I showed up just before a league tournament that played everything from the short tees to the short pins, and was able to avoid them. I'm sure the longer layouts would make them more prominent. Water was in play on two or three holes when I played, after a dry spell. I heard it gets a little more messy after rain.
Other Thoughts: The group I played with at the weekly were good guys, and I enjoyed the local wisdom imparted by the TD Josh, and Jim and Russ. Finding the park was sort of tough, but the directions posted are as good as I could do if asked to describe them. If you make it through the traffic circles on the right path, be looking to the left for the park entrance across from the plant.

Sweet

5+    5/4/2010   5/5/2010
Review By: TreeBurner
Pros: Driving range with basket and "putting green" are one of a kind. All teepads are concrete. Multiple teepads on each hole. Well-maintained course ie: mulch/gravel placed to eliminate muddy trails, weeds/poison ivy cut back and sprayed, trash cans on a good number of holes, pin placement is changed often. Plenty of "conveniently located" trees force a variety of shots. Most holes are separated by heavy woods, so they are rather secluded. Very little wind.
Cons: Crowded, especially on weekends. Needs another 18 holes added or another course to open nearby to thin out the masses. Crowds can turn a 1hr round into 3hrs very easily.
Other Thoughts: Tree Love!

Awesome Course

5+    3/3/2009   3/3/2009
Review By: Dan_Dizzle
Pros: Very well maintained course. Very good mixture of tight and open-wooded holes. No holes are completely open, but a lot of them have wide fairways. Can get very technical on majority of holes and make sure you stay in the fairway! Baskets are frequently rotated and you can almost always see people working on the course.
Cons: A lot of trees. There's still a lot of dead limbs and brush lying around that they haven't burned yet and some teepads are short.
Other Thoughts: Overall a really great, fun little 18 hole course and really improves your game. Tons of people playing everyday and weekend parking is hard to come by.

Wow! Great Course!

1    2/15/2009   2/15/2009
Review By: mcdavis17
This review was updated on 2/17/2009
Pros: Wow -- well laid out course that makes great use of the available terrain. Course flows very well. 2 Concrete pads at every hole, and alternate pin locations marked at the hole info sign. Tee signs gave a good idea of the hole layout and gave good info for distances. Course was well-maintained -- fairways were free of debris and many had a fresh layer of chipped wood/mulch applied. OB was clearly marked on several holes with white paint (looked like what football fields are marked with). Driving range and practice basket offered warm-up opportunities. I've been to a few courses that have practice baskets, but never a driving range -- very thoughtful use of available space for this feature. Course Info board was well-stocked with notices, and the "Disc Drop" box was a nice touch as well. Being from out-of-town, that offers a convenient way to handle any lost discs that I might find. Benches were installed at most, if not all, holes. Restroom facility available in the parking lot.

A rake was left at the one hole with water hazards -- thank you -- I had to make use of it!
Cons: Some holes had multiple baskets in place, so figuring out which pin to throw at based on the marking on the tee sign pole took a minute of surveying -- not a big inconvenience, though. Also, at a couple of the holes, I could not find the arrow pointing to the next tee. Whether that meant they were not there, or if I just missed them, I don't know.
Other Thoughts: There was a sign up that the club had a workday on the day before I played, and their efforts were obvious. Many would consider this course tight, but I was able to see at least 1 clear route, sometimes 2 on every hole. The locals have decorated the course -- I thought I won a Travelocity vacation at one hole, but I didn't. Also -- I love the suspended basket -- I had to take a shot at it for fun, and I nailed it 1st try! I look forward to returning to the area to play this course again.

Updated review on Monday 2-17-09 -- I had made a quick review when I got back to the hotel Sunday AM after playing to get my 1st impressions recorded -- came back today to flesh out more details

5/2/2008   5/2/2008
Review By: Rogue Skunk
Pros: Driving range and putting green are extremely nice to warm up on before a round. Hole design/layout is very well done. Excellent use of natural terrain. I see volunteers working to improve/maintain this course all the time.
Cons: It is rare to catch the course at a slow time. The past four or five times I've played the parking lot was overflowing and was constantly slowed down or was slowing down other players.
Other Thoughts: The Sinks definitely reward accuracy over distance. I really enjoy this course. All of the negatives I can think of stem mainly from this being the only course within a short drive of Chattanooga. If there were other courses around to spread out the crowds and change the pace a little this course would be even more enjoyable.