Chattanooga, TN
The Sinks Share
Uploaded By: JohnnyWang Hole #2 (Taken 10/2011)
Hole #2 Short Tee

Play this course!

5+    5/12/2009   5/14/2009
Review By: Hophead724
Pros: Technical and demanding course that requires the best of your game. The locals are friendly and are always helpful. Practice putting area and also a driving range.
Cons: Very crowded most days but, the pace of play is very good.
Other Thoughts: When playing this course for the first time, take some time to pick out your line. There are many options on this course. This one is worth planning a road trip for!

My first course

2-4    4/29/2009   5/3/2009
Review By: xElizabethx
Pros: Very well maintained and laid out, has driving range and putting green, detailed signs on each hole. Really tight course.
Cons: Lots of trees, blind shots, and can be pretty crowded most days.
Other Thoughts: Overall great course, everyone has been very friendly and helpful.

Must play while in Chattanooga

1    3/11/2009   3/11/2009
Review By: wi2ny05
Pros: Very well maintained course with excellent signage. Tight, technical and varied terrain.
Cons: It's pretty well laid out but some of the holes take a little poking around to find.
Other Thoughts: Busy course even on the weekday I played. Locals seem great and willing to help out with holes and offered to let me join them to play.

My home course

5+    3/6/2009   3/7/2009
Review By: discwhisperer
Pros: Very tight.Multiple tees and baskets.Signs on every hole.Driving range and putting basket.Overall very clean,CFDC takes pride in this course.
Cons: After 3 very busy most days.Don't even think about Sunday.Some Sunday doubles groups seem to think they own the course.After doubles watch out for tag matches.Groups of 6,8,even10 are not uncommon.Some guys are really cool but the elitest won't even think of letting you play through.Be mindful of people behind you I have been hit by a drive/dangerous,some holes are blind.
Other Thoughts: Chattanoogas best course.Most of the guys responsible for bringing us this course are really cool.Get there early and enjoy it

Awesome Course

5+    3/3/2009   3/3/2009
Review By: Dan_Dizzle
Pros: Very well maintained course. Very good mixture of tight and open-wooded holes. No holes are completely open, but a lot of them have wide fairways. Can get very technical on majority of holes and make sure you stay in the fairway! Baskets are frequently rotated and you can almost always see people working on the course.
Cons: A lot of trees. There's still a lot of dead limbs and brush lying around that they haven't burned yet and some teepads are short.
Other Thoughts: Overall a really great, fun little 18 hole course and really improves your game. Tons of people playing everyday and weekend parking is hard to come by.

Trees, limbs vines and stumps BEWARE!

5+    1/24/2009   3/3/2009
Review By: discchik
Pros: Keeps you humble. Great for developing accuracy. Great place to play when it's windy.
Cons: Very crowded course. Hidden small stumps will trip you if you aren't careful. They keep moving the baskets every other week! Sheesh Just because you CAN bring your pet to the Sinks doesn't mean that you should. Too many loose dogs whose owners are oblivious to the fact that their precious lil angels might be distracting others.
Other Thoughts: A lot of thought and planning went into this course and it shows. For some reason while playing this course with my fiance' we have encountered several groups of 6 or more who never allow us to play through. We weren't sure if these people know disc golf etiquette or if they just don't care. The atmosphere seems a bit more intense here than other courses. No so much family friendly.

Too many trees!

5+    2/5/2009   2/18/2009
Review By: disccrazy
Pros: Trees provide shade in the summer. Well maintained course.
Cons: Basket placement. No wide open holes. Groups who get together to play doubles are often rude and will tee off regardless of whether or not you are done . It's almost as if they are saying, "Get out of my way, I'm playing league doubles"
Other Thoughts: Why did the designers of this course not include a few open holes? Why does every hole have to be in the thick woods?

Wow! Great Course!

1    2/15/2009   2/15/2009
Review By: mcdavis17
This review was updated on 2/17/2009
Pros: Wow -- well laid out course that makes great use of the available terrain. Course flows very well. 2 Concrete pads at every hole, and alternate pin locations marked at the hole info sign. Tee signs gave a good idea of the hole layout and gave good info for distances. Course was well-maintained -- fairways were free of debris and many had a fresh layer of chipped wood/mulch applied. OB was clearly marked on several holes with white paint (looked like what football fields are marked with). Driving range and practice basket offered warm-up opportunities. I've been to a few courses that have practice baskets, but never a driving range -- very thoughtful use of available space for this feature. Course Info board was well-stocked with notices, and the "Disc Drop" box was a nice touch as well. Being from out-of-town, that offers a convenient way to handle any lost discs that I might find. Benches were installed at most, if not all, holes. Restroom facility available in the parking lot.

A rake was left at the one hole with water hazards -- thank you -- I had to make use of it!
Cons: Some holes had multiple baskets in place, so figuring out which pin to throw at based on the marking on the tee sign pole took a minute of surveying -- not a big inconvenience, though. Also, at a couple of the holes, I could not find the arrow pointing to the next tee. Whether that meant they were not there, or if I just missed them, I don't know.
Other Thoughts: There was a sign up that the club had a workday on the day before I played, and their efforts were obvious. Many would consider this course tight, but I was able to see at least 1 clear route, sometimes 2 on every hole. The locals have decorated the course -- I thought I won a Travelocity vacation at one hole, but I didn't. Also -- I love the suspended basket -- I had to take a shot at it for fun, and I nailed it 1st try! I look forward to returning to the area to play this course again.

Updated review on Monday 2-17-09 -- I had made a quick review when I got back to the hotel Sunday AM after playing to get my 1st impressions recorded -- came back today to flesh out more details

Imaginative Course

2-4    1/11/2009   1/11/2009
This review was updated on 8/17/2009
Pros: Very imaginative course. I really enjoyed the gnome positioning! I actually laughed out loud.

Great design, even better maintenance!!!

Great tee signs, perfect explanations for hole locations.

Very tight course, really no open holes. A few specific routes are available, but you still need to execute. Awesome variety of holes. The design of the course works perfectly around certain key trees. Just about any tree they view as integral to the course has drainage tile surrounding it to protect the tree and prevent them from being damaged beyond repair ( Oh and I hit almost all of those)
Cons: Very clay soils leads to an extremely wet course in rain, however, it is obvious that over time these bad areas will get corrected by the diligent work of the guys out there. There was one man out there today working in unfavorable conditions.
Other Thoughts: I would use this course as a model for anyone wanting to install a new course. I don't mean the design of the course per say or the holes, just the way it flows, having multiple locations, getting sponsors for the signs, benches, etc!

I got my first birdie out there today (only played 7 rounds or so in my life all this past week) so I will forever have a bond to the SInks!

Two very different courses

5+    12/28/2008   12/28/2008
Review By: zensuit
Pros: Course is excellent for a control player and rewards only accurate power. My son and I play it from the front pads together and it's a very different course from there.

From the back, it can be daunting but from the front it really lets a novice learn the game without being one of those grass and more grass metro courses.
Cons: None, really.
Other Thoughts: Great place, the Grapevine should be honored for pouring so much energy into supporting disc gold in Chattanooga.