Crystal Mountain, WA
Crystal Mountain - Base Course Share
Uploaded By: sk8architecture Hole #12
3 / 592ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #12 Approach

It's A Major Workout, All Right!

1    8/24/2008   8/24/2008
Pros: It is a major challenge. It's a major work out. It's tough on your knees, ankles, lungs and probably some other body parts I'm forgetting. The course is constantly playing up, down or across some extremely rugged terrain. Ski slopes are notoriously rough below the snow. There are chances to really air it out. Unfortunately, the day I played the wind was blowing something fierce, negating some of those fun throws. There are small signs and the course is fairly easy to follow. Maps are available in a couple of the restaurants there.
Cons: The teepads are natural, they're very rough and usually too short to get any kind of a run-up. The baskets are the single chain temporary jobbers but they were fine. I was amazed that I didn't lose any discs but actually at this high elevation the underbrush is not so thick.
Other Thoughts: I've never been enamoured of any of the ski slope courses I've played. I think they're kind of gimmicky. Like you play them once just for the experience. My overall opinion of this course might have rated higher if (A) The wind hadn't been been blowing hurricane force (B) It hadn't started raining when I was the furthest distance away from the parking lot. Really, by the time I got to the signature 18th hole, drenched and dog tired, I looked up at the teepad way up there and then down at the silly basket placement atop a 30' hill, and thought, #$$%^, I'm beat and skipped 18. Go challenge yourself at Crystal, I think I'll stick to courses at sea level.