Pueblo, CO
-- / 215ft.   -- / --   -- / 320ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Open, Fun Course

2-4    3/10/2012   3/11/2012
Review By: cohunter
Pros: Open fairways with few trees or other obstacles to challenge your throws. Good course to practice new techniques and a few holes even to challenge the long drivers. Has a Pro(blue) and Am(red) tee-pads, all concrete.
Unless during the wet season there are no water hazards.
Cons: Other than the wind there isn't much that can challenge experienced golfers.
No distance readings on the teepad posts so not knowing a estimated distance the 1st time around made for some interesting shots.
Other Thoughts: Navigation was ok, with it being open you could see where baskets and teepad posts were.
Upkeep needs to be addressed, there is trash, broken bottles all along the course.
Playing in early spring brought nice cool temperatures and windy conditions.
I hit it just right on a Saturday afternoon and had the course to myself, I could see how playing the holes next to the campus as being difficult when classes on in session.

Open and Easy

1    7/5/2010   4/5/2011
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: Some good trees, tee pads are paved. Two tee offerings per hole red/blue each marked with large hard to miss post. I played blues and wished I would have played red. The difference between them is enough to make for a different round altogether. What trees and bushes are out there are found along the course. The parking was great since it's at a college campus and I played in the summer. My favorite holes were those closest to the campus in the manicured grass and around the buildings. The course was easy to find and the baskets were noticeable from afar. Many of the cactus's here are impressively tall for Colorado and good looking in bloom.
Cons: Empty sun bleached fields with cactus and tough weeds that winds to a smelly drainage ditch filled with thick pussy willows. I needed to go on scouting missions many times, and at one point I just started throwing from where I had it figured out, thinking that it was not worth the effort to trek back. I could have used a map when I played here. It is simply open and easy with obstacles few and far between, only the wind and distance.
Other Thoughts: My complaints have nothing to do with design, or the efforts of those who planted this course. They stem from the boringness of the canvas given to work with. I played this course as the last in a marathon of course bagging on a trip through central Colorado. I enjoyed the Pueblo City Park Course very much and was let down when I got here. Time of year might make a difference in enjoyment level. I can attest that when I played, it was nowhere near as green as the pictures of the course look. I was brutally beaten by the sun.

I would recommend this course for anyone, only after pointing out that the Pueblo City Park course is solid. For travelers, the advantage here is that it's closer to I-25, but don't expect to be wowed and remember that the alternative (Pueblo City Park) is good with ample shade and a high fun factor. To this extent, there was no crowd at this course at all. After my round here I wanted nothing more than to hold my head under a cool water fountain, but I could not find one.

easy course, nice scenery

5+    1/10/2009   2/28/2009
Review By: wolito
This review was updated on 11/29/2010
Pros: Easy access via CSU Pueblo. 18 hole course with different length holes. Nice mix of hole types. No two holes are the same on this course. Nice cement teepads on all holes. A few blind throws on this course, find where the basket is and let it fly! There is a hole on the back nine where you have to throw over a swampy area, make sure you throw pass it or may get muddy finding your disc. On acollege campus with mix of nice grass, few trees and desert terrain. . Pro/Am teepads. Baskets are in great shape, mainly because of lack of use. Awesome views of the mountains! Take a minute to stop and enjoy the view.
Cons: Navigation issues are definately a problem with this course. Blue and red posts are found by the teepads and the numbers are difficult to read. No other teesigns to speak of. Takes some walking around to figure things out. The course plays on college campus, and it can be busy at times causing you to wiat before you throw. The last two holes play right up alongside the building and feel a little out of place with the rest of the course. Lack of upkeep, see other thoughts.
Other Thoughts: The more I played this course, the more I enjoyed it. A good variety of shots required. Navigation issues are bad on this course, but not too difficult to figure out. Pueblo city park is definately a much better course located about 5 miles away. I needed a change from city park after playing it constantly. After playing this course several times over the past few years, I have noticed the upkeep is definately lacking here. The fairways are getting rougher on the back nine. There are no defined fairways on several holes and the brush can be thick! Bring a spotter for sure. Your chances of losing a disc on some of these holes are very high. I have spent tons of time searching for my discs. Trash is also an issue next to the holes near the dorms, glass fragments laying around. It seems as though this course was put into the ground and forgotten about. As a result, each time I come out here the enjoyment factor decreases slightly.