Billings, MT
Diamond X Share
Uploaded By: filmwalrus Hole #14 (Taken 10/2010)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #14 Basket: Basket is off the top of the mesa and dogleg left from the tee.

Badass course!

1    5/20/2013   5/27/2013
Review By: Masonian
Pros: This course is stunning and has a lot of diversity in holes. It starts behind the rimrocks and climbs all the way to the top of the rim with a sweeping view of Billings. Then it quickly works its way down the rim culminating in a 720ft 18th hole that can be birdied or maybe even aced. This course combines disc golf, hiking and rock scrambling through beautiful cowboy country.
Cons: I played alone with the downloadable map, but still couldn't find 2 of the tees. This is because many of the tee markers are small and only rise a few inches off the ground even if the grass is tall or boulders surround it. Need poles instead of these little tee markers. The wind was relentless on top of the rimrocks, with hundred foot cliffs on either side of you, so I actually chickened out on one of the holes. Many of the holes cross seas of boulders so your discs will probably take a pounding.
Other Thoughts: This is one of those courses you will never forget!

Oh, I wish I had a guide...

7/15/2008   7/19/2008
Review By: LanceInTacoma
Pros: This course is spectacular, as far as scenery, location, and some of the tees and holes, and I imagine it would have been better if I could have figured out the whole thing.
Cons: There is a large map near the course start, but it has been vandalized, and is nearly completely unreadable. Small course maps would have been great, or at least the stickers on the baskets pointing you toward the next tee would have been helpful. I wish the tee boxes were marked with numbers also.
Other Thoughts: Of all the courses I have played, ever, this is the course I would most like to play again. I would love to play with a local, so that I could actually play the whole course. I could only find the first 10 holes, and then 18. The main page says there are 27, but since 18 is back near where the course starts, I have a feeling that is all there is, though I don't know. This is definitely a course for the dedicated. Although the first 3 or 4 holes play around the hillside, the fifth through 10th are brutal in the climbs necessary to play them. I actually lost 2 discs , one on the 8th and one on the 9th. The one on the 8th was brutal. It is a hole playing along the side of hill, and I actually thought my tee shot had ace potential. I flew over the whole by about 10 feet and the disc wedged in between some rocks. I climbed above it and could actually see it, but without 10 foot arms, or a fishing pole, I just couldn't get it out. I lost another disc on the next hole. This is definitely a course where a spotter could be helpful. I was playing by myself in the early morning, on a weekday, while on vacation, so I, unfortunately, didn't have a chance to hook up with some locals to play the entire course, but I am already trying to figure out a way to get back here and do just that.
Of all the courses I have played, giving this one a rating was the toughest for me. I have put this course into my favorites, and yet, it was so frustrating to try to figure out, that I ended up balancing the two factors and giving it a 3.5, but hopefully with some maps, and a few markings, on my return, I would be able to upgrade it to a higher score.