Billings, MT
Diamond X Share
Uploaded By: WD09 Hole #9 (Taken 6/2010)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Looking back at basket 9 after the climb.

Epic Journey

1    8/7/2010   7/4/2011
Review By: Brent Renken
Pros: Playing this course does for disc golf what Alice and Wonderland did for movies...provides an amazing journey. Elevation, tee boxes on the tops of boulders, throwing up the sides of cliffs, long throws, short throws and a final hurl off the ledge of a 200' cliff to end this epic journey.
Cons: It can be extremely hot in the summer and it's possible to lose your disc in a crevice/crack. The terrain seems like the perfect place to find rattlers on a nature hike so be careful (we didn't see any).
Other Thoughts: I travel a lot for a living and would fly back to Billings, MT again just to play this course...and to indulge in the many local breweries this area has to offer after completing one of the most challenging courses out there.

CAUTION - Great Course, Not for Everyone

2-4    3/22/2010   3/26/2010
Review By: esdubya
Pros: Redefines the category of what a disc golf course can be.

Let me repeat that:
Redefines the category of what a disc golf course can be.

Great hole designs
Challenging Terrain
Diamond X truly reflects the state of Montana. This course is Montana in a nutshell: rugged, big, dangerous, challenging and super gnar. Oh, and fun.
Cons: Teepads are dangerous.
Do not attempt to play this course if you are afraid of heights and you are unable to navigate steep terrain and boulders.
The course is not well marked, play your first round with a local, if possible.
Other Thoughts: Some basic climbing skills are necessary to enjoy your experience.

This course is sick, twisted, dangerous, challenging, amazing, beautiful and fun all in one. I am a relatively fit and extreme sports loving individual so this is my ideal course. If I could only play one course for the rest of my life this would be the one.

The only thing it needs to do better is have more consistent tee pads.

For the weak at heart I suppose some rails, walkways and other safety measures could go in, but I personally don't need that stuff.

Best Course Ever

2-4    10/6/2008   10/6/2008
Review By: erichyde
This review was updated on 12/2/2008
Pros: As far as scenary and extremely unique holes, you will never find a better course. This course has the coolest terrain I have ever seen on a disc golf course. Went two summers ago and I can still remember every hole vividly. Multiple cliff shots, the tee pad at hole 18 is on top a 250 ft cliff and the hole is over 700 feet away, it takes 10 minutes just to walk down to get your disc!!!

note: there are to back nines, they share the same #18 basket. front 9 works up to the top and the two back nines play on top the cliffs and then down.
Cons: Hard to find holes, I lucked out and found a local who came with us.
Other Thoughts: I love courses with unique terrains, if you can find one more extreme then this I would love to see it but I doubt there are any out there. Be prepared for some intense hiking.