Beloit, WI

1 2 Next >
 Short But Decent

2-4    9/26/2009   9/27/2009
Review By: suprnva
Pros: A lot of course for such a small area. A few tricky holes that make it fun.
Cons: The course is very short and not very tough. Parking on the street kinda sucks, but it could be worse. There is a pavilion in the park that a few of the holes are close to and made me kinda nervous to throw towards due to the large party that was going on.
Other Thoughts: The course is worth playing if you're in the area like I was, but I wouldn't travel to play it.

C+ = average 9 holer

1    7/2/2009   7/3/2009
Pros: This course is crammed into a very small piece of land. Major kudos to the designer for milking every ounce of potential to make several very interesting holes!

What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C-
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage...if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.

I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me....that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.

Good use of limited space

1    4/20/2009   4/20/2009
Review By: ReDisculous
Pros: Although the holes are relatively short, they did a good job with the space they had by using tree placement etc. Also this past winter they kept the baskets in, which was nice.
Cons: Advanced players will not find this course challenging. Lots of wide open shots, less than 300 feet.
Other Thoughts: There are usually kids playing on the playground here, which makes me think the neighborhood here is not that bad, although I can see why some would think so.

Beloit course review

1    3/16/2009   3/18/2009
Review By: Dahminator
Pros: -They managed to keep the holes pretty long in a small area.
Cons: -Holes are all very similar
Other Thoughts: I tend to like courses that more open holes as opposed to trickier shots through woods, and that is what this course offers.

oldest course in Wisconsin

2-4    7/11/2006   3/11/2009
Review By: tallpaul
This review was updated on 1/23/2010
Pros: This is the oldest course in the state and that alone makes it a required destination. Course was revamped sometime @ 2006. This improved the overall look considerably. New design essentially reverse of original. A fun little nine.
Decent signs and short, but cement, tees.
Cons: Neighborhood perhaps not the best. I had no problems the two times I have been there.
Other Thoughts: Flat with no water in play. Trees provide obstacles. Anyone that can demonstrate that Vollrath Park, Sheboygan, is an older course, p.m. me with said info. I believe this the older of the two. Vollrath has much more elevation and a much bigger place in everyone's hearts; but, this is a cute little old school nine near Illinois border.

Good short course

3/24/2008   3/24/2008
Review By: WIpilot
Pros: the course is set up as a fairly technical course with lots of tree hazards on just about every hole. good use of the land given.
Cons: The holes are fairly short but thats due to the park being really small.
Other Thoughts: you have to park on the street to play this course.

1 2 Next >