0 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Great all around
Nice long shots
Well manicured greens
Good sinage and flow, great use of space
Cons: Campus police giving me the hairy eyeball and looking in my car
(Nothing saying I needed a parking pass)
Other Thoughts: Wind can be a major factor in your game.
0 of 1 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Super fun course!!
Pros: The number one thing that stands out about this course is the creative layout. From short to long, left to right, uphill to downhill, this course has as good of a variety of any I've played. it doesn't drag as many courses do, and it makes for a truly exciting 18 holes of golf.
- Signature hole: TC3 also stands out in that it has one hole that is really memorable. Hole 16 (long tee) is a nearly 400 foot straight downhill shot that is really impressive. Its the kind of hole you could empty your whole bag on.
Overall, this course is clean, diverse, and exciting!
Cons: TC3 falls short mainly for the little things.
1. Very long walks between holes in several cases.
2. Rubber tee pads
Other Thoughts: With a couple minor touchups this course could be truly elite. Unfortunately, Ive heard that the students at TC3 don't play it very often, but nonetheless it is a great course!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Destination For Sure!
Pros: -Great tee pads.
-Signage is very good.
-Nice variety of throws and distances.
-Scenery is a plus!
-Great overall layout.
-Holes 3 and 16 are extremely fun. Especially 16, long downhill throws are always exciting.
Cons: Very little cons... only gripes are even with a map, you can get a little confused at times. By far the worst is the walk from 16 to 17. Serious bushwhacking req'd. Also, as a bit of a DG purist, I'm not a huge fan of walking over the tee pad of 3 to get to another hole. In fact, there are a couple of other spots where the layout is a bit wonky (aka walking close to fairways of one hole to get to the tee pad of another. You might want to consider playing with a friend or two so you can spot each other. A couple of holes (hole 9 especially) almost requires one if you want to get aggressive.
Other Thoughts: Really cool course! I'd definitely recommend this course to anyone in the general area. If a couple of bridges were installed and a little bush cutting was done I could see upgrading my rating to a 4.5.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
A gem mid state NY
Pros: This is a true gem of a course in a very nice setting. It has something for everyone except the most casual of players. It was the recent setting for the NYS Senior Games. And the course was in excellent shape. Very well defined fairways but this grooming may have been specifically for the games. I believe the new construction is complete and all baskets are in their final locations.
- This course puts accuracy at a premium. If you are off the fairway you are in the rough, and I do mean rough. Very thick vegatation with hidden creeks, bogs, ditches and more. There are some out of bounds and if you are in the rough, you'd wish you went out of bounds.
- Nice mix up of tight and open holes with plenty of opportunities to grip it and rip it.
- Number 9 is the hole from hell. A par 10 and maybe I'll birdie some day. Seriously, this is a tough one. Up hill and long. There is a hidden creek/ditch just off the fairway to the left and the fairway shinks to less than 15 feet wide in places.
- With well placed shots there are a lot of dueces to be had and there are some ace runs.
- No crowds, and based on the lack of damage to the trees and shrubs this course is very under utilized.
- There are some homemade benches throughout the course.
- Tees signs were helpful if not completely accurate.
- Very nice score cards and maps at # 1.
- Rubber tee pads are like new.
- Some nice elevation changes; excellent use of the available terrain.
Cons: - Not sure if the course is finished yet.
- The tee signs are informative but do not look permanent.
- Not an accurate distance listed for number 17, the tee sign says 246 from the short tees but looks more like 500.
- No garbage cans, but there is almost no litter.
- Some long traverses between some holes and the trek from 17 to 18 is almost impossible to follow for a first timer.
- Not sure what the triple mando is on # 2. But no one else knew either.
- Many, many woodchuck, gopher or other critter holes throughout the course. VERY dangerous.
Other Thoughts: This is a beautiful course in a very relaxed setting. And you owe it to yourself to check out this gem in mid state NY.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 2 Not
Best course in the Ithaca area
Pros: Well groomed and signage is okay, but not great. The course has decent elevation changes and most of the holes have their own unique feel (you are not just playing the same hole with different distances every time).
Cons: Certain tees are bumpy, not flat. Rough/OB is pretty punishing in areas. Hole 16 - the fairway is basically the walking path, but it is so short that you can recover almost any shot and still get par.
Other Thoughts: The current hole 17 is excellent with lots of elevation change, though the hole could be further away.
2 of 4 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Could be a masterpiece with some improvements
Pros: Immaculately groomed course. Many of the fairways resemble ball golf - 6 has a sweeping fairway up and around a hill. Water, trees, punishing rough, and well-defined and fair fairways. Blue tees are good for intermediates, and red tees could give a challenge to experts. Can't say enough how beautiful this course is. Hard to believe this is a community college... it's nicer than most private schools I've visited!
Cons: Signage is practically useless. Please print out a map before going! Some long walks between holes, but with holes as well designed as 9 and 10, it's worth the walk. Holes 16 and 17 are temporary and it shows (down to the portable baskets). Hole 16 is too narrow a fairway, short and lame. Teepads could also use some love.
Other Thoughts: Construction looks finished... how about restoring the course? I found old basket 16 and the blue tee outline, so that hole is actually still playable! (Consider it an easter egg). Also blue tee 18 is still there, so when you finish the course be sure to try that tricky little water hole.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Good basket placement for an open course. Hole 3 is amazing!! Well groomed and no poision ivy. Chainstars are good baskets. Fairways are defined. Will play every time I am in the area. You have a gem on the hill!
Cons: Rubber in not my favorite. No true woods holes. Needs at least 1 more shorter hole in the 200' -275' range.
Other Thoughts: Would be an awesome course for 18 new baskets and a 4 layout course like warwick or blackfalls. Hole 17 lengthen by 100' so you can throw a driver if you dare.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Really Great course!
Pros: Like the mix of different holes. Has some holes with decent elevation changes, which I was not expecting on a college campus! Once you get past hole one and two you don't hardly realize your on a campus at all until the final holes on the back 9!
Cons: Some of the tee sign are knocked down and/or missing. Made my first time around a bit challenging. Long walk between 17's basket and 18's tee.
Other Thoughts: I liked hole 17, long down hill shot. Maybe it could even be longer. Just under 400 feet with alot of elevation change.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Great layout for the first 17 holes. Nice mix of elevation, anhyzers, hyzers, short and long holes. Very scenic and clean.
Cons: Long walk from 17 to 18. Random paths were misleading, tall grass was found to be obscuring signage. Some fairways were overgrown, took away roller options. Rubber teepads not the best, but far better than dirt or gravel.
Other Thoughts: Not completely sure about the need to sign a waiver. Signs on first tees seem to cover the College without the need to check in. Very fun course, would love to play a tourney here!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 5 Not
Pros: Elevation changes are nice. Mix of shots required.
Cons: Very funky layout, did a great job with what they could work with.
Other Thoughts: A tough course to play, various traumas throughout the layout. Fun
0 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.