Mitchell, SD
Dry Run Creek DGC Share
Uploaded By: andyman Hole #7 (Taken 5/2009)
3 / 270ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

1    6/20/2012   6/20/2012
Review By: mndiscg
This review was updated on 6/27/2012
Pros: -Dual tees and multiple baskets keep this course fresh. The tees are concrete and the baskets are nice DISCatchers.
-Creek and a good amount of well-placed trees provide a bit of variety and challenge
-The pipe hole- Valkyrie kid said it was hole 2 but I'm pretty sure it was hole 7. In any case, it was a unique challenge.
-The wooded hole, 15, where you have a few choices of lanes to throw down is pretty fun
-A few chances at aces and many chances at birdies.
-Other than the trail, this is a disc golf only course.
-Shouldn't be too busy ever.
-Nice sign at the start, I would recommend studying it for a bit or taking a picture!
Cons: -The layout could be a bit better. For me, it was often hard to tell which position the hole was in and sometimes you could see multiple pins. There were also a lot of dual tees which kind of confused me.
-Could be fairly buggy at times but it usually isn't too bad.
-May be able to lose a disc in the creek or the surrounding long grass. I found one with a name and number and texted it and they came to get it before I finished my round.
-The course isn't overwhelmingly long.
-In a low floodplain near the creek so there may be standing water on some parts
Other Thoughts: This course was a pretty fun course outside of being unable to navigate it at times. I think they may have messed with the layout recently which makes it a bit harder. This course is a recreational or intermediate level. I usually play advanced in tourneys and I shot about 7 under 54 par. I would recommend stopping here as it is the only 18 hole course for miles and the last course of any kind on I-90 all the way to Rapid City.

Xtreme trends in downtown Mitchell has an impressive selection of Disccraft and Innovas.

Dry Run Creek

1    5/14/2009   5/14/2009
Review By: andyman
Pros: Concrete Tee Pads. Nice sized, and point towards baskets.

There are tee signs with hole distances at each tee pad.

There are elevation changes on some holes.

The park was very well kept up. The entire park was mowed.

The baskets are in very good condition.

The course is very easy to navigate.
Cons: The fairways are very wide open. There were very little obstacles to throw around.

Only one hole was over 300'. I did not need to use a driver on most holes.
Other Thoughts: Pipeline on hole #2 posed a very unique obstacle to throw around.

The basket for hole #4 is hidden from view from the tee pad. It is located over the hill.

The basket for hole #6 is hidden between a group of pine trees.