Jacksonville, AR
Dupree Park Share
Uploaded By: jongoff09 Hole #3 (Taken 8/2010)

I like it :)

5+    5/1/2012   5/1/2012
Review By: Frolfer907
Pros: -Nice Tee Pads
-Course Map // Hole Maps
-Trash Receptacles and Benches at Every Tee
-Mostly Wooded (good shade for the hot days)
-Good Rhythm from Hole to Hole
-Not Busy
Cons: -Bug Spray is a MUST in the summer
-VERY Soggy When it Rains
-Not Much Distance for the Power Player
Other Thoughts: This is a fun course to play. Most holes are tight and therefore technical. The front 9 don't have much distance, but there are a few holes over 300 ft coming back. There are large fields in other areas of the park that I like to use to warm up, so I count that as a plus. Overall I give this course a VERY GOOD.

5+    4/18/2012   4/25/2012
Review By: guitarfrk24
Pros: Front 9 is really well maintained last time i was there. Back 9 they are doing a lot of work around it. Looks like they are trying to reroute the bayou. 6-9 are pretty brutal for being short.
Cons: Bugs. Lots of Mosquitoes, and wolf spiders all over the ground because of all the leaves.
Other Thoughts: Watch for water on 17 and 15. 18 is about 430 ft but super straight and very narrow tunneled.

noisy from interstate - but Good!

1    10/23/2010   10/27/2010
Review By: tasha
Pros: Nice tee boxes - interesting shots - challenging for me.
Cons: I'm not used to interstate noise, and it overwhelmed me a bit - but other than that - it is a great course.
Other Thoughts: I didn't have a whole lot of time to play - and I couldn't locate hole #1, so I started on hole #13 - played thru hole #17 - couldn't find #18, but #10 was right there, so I played #10 back to #13 where my car was...

ebonsdad

1    8/10/2010   9/7/2010
Review By: ebonsdad
This review was updated on 1/13/2011
Pros: Front 9 very technical through thick woods but short distances overall. Back 9 a little more open & longer overall. A few alternate tee positions, 1(I think) alternate pin position. out-of-the-way from rest of park. The course has been well taken care of since I last reviewed it. There are signs for every hole now with distances. #10 & #17 have alternate tee pads while #7 has alternate pin position. The course has been cleared of excessive debris & the drier season this year has made it much easier to play without fear of flooding or muddy conditions. OB strings adorn a few fairways to keep you honest.
Cons: Quite a few holes can get pretty "swampy" if not maintained. DO NOTplay after rain, course very low & gets muddy. Watch for snakes on holes close to water (quite a few). Water very muddy & difficult to retrieve disc (much less see them). # 17 still intimidating having to throw over a long, deep creek. I've gone in it once, but I've consistently seen a lot of people down in it. Only elevation is the basket on #10, otherwise flat.
Other Thoughts: Good for working on short technical throws in every direction. Decent course when maintained but needs more attention than it currently gets. Wear shoes you don't mind getting muddy.