Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Easterlin Park Share
Uploaded By: PDXDuck Hole #5 (Taken 6/2009)

Great course for local arborists or individuals wanting to work on accuracy...

1    3/7/2010   3/7/2010
Review By: stsren
Pros: 1. Nice signs at each hole
2. Course map at office
3. Lots of shade for the summer months
4. Multiple basket positions
5. Friendly local disc golfers
Cons: 1. Majority of holes are shorter distances
2. Course map at office has error where tee pads for 8 and 6 are swapped and mixed up #'s 11, 12, & 13
3. Baskets don't have numbers on them
4. Tee pads are carpet pads, not cement
5. Crowded areas around holes 5-8 due to picnic areas, park patrons, and slight mixing of fairway for holes 6 and 7
Other Thoughts: This was my first time playing the course, and I had a nice round with my wife and parents. We found the locals to be quite friendly and helpful. The course layout was good (takes advantage of limited space), but not great as there were a few holes where fairways were shared (6+7 & 11+12).
The water holes were fun (due to limited amount of water and shorter distances to throw over it) and not as stressful as some of the ones at Tradewinds Park.
While carpet tee pads are not my fav, it didn't have much of an impact on the play because most holes don't require any steps due to shorter distances.
I thought that the tee signs were helpful, but there were a couple of areas where the basket was difficult to find and/or nearly impossible to find without assistance (#9 was in the middle of some palms, preventing you from seeing it from less than 20 ft out). It really would have helped if the baskets had the hole numbers on their tops for first timers or casual players, but after getting a round or two in on the course, I don't think you'd have trouble finding your way.
While I enjoy the shade, some of the "fairways" required shots between windows that were less than 6ft wide...some holes lacked even that much space from tee pad to basket. There were tons of trees on the back nine, which made for a lot of laughs and some frustration. Without the trees, however, the course would be much too easy.

In the end, I happen to prefer Tradewinds Park over Easterlin Park, but if you're in the area or the park is close to home you really can't lose by giving it a try.

I give it a 6 on the fun meter... but it's not going to teach you anything

2-4    7/27/2008   7/27/2008
Review By: johnt1969
This review was updated on 8/12/2008
Pros: There's good tee signs on all of the holes. Pay attention to where the tee sign says to go for the next hole or you will be wandering around looking for a while. The course is crammed in to a little park but there are some good holes here. You'll be straddle putting and using trick shots to get out of trouble a lot. Unfortunately those trick shots will not require you to throw far because the holes are all very short.
Cons: The tee pads are kind of weird. They're just pieces of carpeting attached to the ground but they work ok. Just a little weird. There are many holes here with no fairway. Just trees all over the place. Some of the basket positions are way too close to the trees. This is a muti use park so there's always a chance of hitting someone here. Especially with all the trees around.
Other Thoughts: I can't believe they fit 18 holes in to this little park. There's only 1 hole that I can remember that's over 300 feet. Everything else is short but that certainly doesn't mean it's easy. This place is pinball waiting to happen. The holes in the woods are super tight.

A comment regarding my evaluation of courses. I am not trying to insult or hurt any ones feelings when I review a course. I'm just trying to evaluate the course on what I feel are important characteristics of a good course. Disc golf has become a large enough sport that I feel we should strive for better than we have now. Just putting 18 holes in a park isn't enough. 18 pole holes does not make a disc golf course. It requires tee's, signs, maps, solid course design and constant maintenance. Any less than that and we will never advance the sport to a reputable level.