Chicago, IL
Edgebrook DGC Share
Uploaded By: erickmj   (Taken 8/2012)
Course Sign

Nice Way to spend an afternoon

1    7/11/2011   7/11/2011
Review By: RAW32728
Pros: The people in the pro shop are helpful and knowledgeable. The course is wide open and lets you see just how far you can rip it down a golf fairway. The course is pretty well maintained and having the option of a cart is nice to see.
Cons: The course is wide open. It doesn't test a lot of different shots from your bag. I could see how it might be difficult to play this while a lot of golfers are on the course. Long course. Bring the Ibuprofen!
Other Thoughts: Use the golf markers and you'll have an idea of how far you are from the pin (approx) and how far your throw was from the tee. Enjoyed the course and will try to play it again.

challenging and enjoyable

1    7/5/2010   7/5/2010
Review By: fractalzoom
Pros: It has a well manicured course and the holes are long and challenging. Having a cart helps you stay fresh... which is necessary - because this course is incredibly long. It's a different kind of challenge. It will reward the player that can throw long drives and there should be courses like this. There were a couple pro-level, super super fun holes that really made you think how you want to shape your shot. It was very different disc golf experience. The ball golfers that were around were very nice to us. Creative use of the OB gave us the option of a high risk/reward shot. As open as this course is - it challenges you because it's incredibly windy. Going into a 999 foot hole with the wind just ripping into your face is a real challenge. I will be back.
Cons: It's a little repetitive. It's long. This would not be fun for someone who couldn't throw a certain distance.
Other Thoughts: Dear Smyith,

I don't think you saw this coming, but I'm afraid I cannot stay in this relationship any longer. You were never very good to me. And oh my god, you were such a cheapskate. Seriously, dude. Plus, it just wasn't working out between you and my mother. It was very strange, let's just say that and be done with it.

The thing is... I trusted you. For months I took your suggestions to heart. I avoided Edgebrook for as long as I could. You suggested I should not. With disdain you relegated a meager rating of 1/2 stars and immediately brought to my mind a post-apolcalyptic pitch n' putt with rusty old baskets. The more you forbid it, the more obsessed with it I've become. I've suppressed my urges for about two years, but I couldn't hold back any longer. I gave in to the temptation and played Edgebrook today. It was a thrilling and liberating experience and I wallowed in my naughtiness.

I realized then that your advice was worth no more than a small bucket of pond scum. I grew to resent you. I knew I could never look you in the face again. I'm going to put all of the stuff you left at my place and put it in a bag and have Tony drop it off.

That's it, I'm serious.