Orangeburg, SC
Edisto Memorial Gardens DGC Share
Uploaded By: RussMB Hole #9 (Taken 8/2010)

Weekly Player

5+    11/4/2012   11/6/2012
Review By: Meteorite
This review was updated on 2/25/2013
Pros: Very clean course. Has an active play group. Also a varity of challenges: water, distance, obstacles, etc.
Cons: Can be soggy on front 9. Very bad ditch on 8 + 17. Some fire-ants and mosquitos.
Other Thoughts: There is also an alternative hole for 17, making it a 28 hole course. Many of the problems have been fixed and the layout has changed since past reviews. Progress is being made.

Good Course, Definitly Worth the Drive

5+    7/4/2011   11/29/2010
Review By: lxdawg25
This review was updated on 7/30/2011
Pros: The course had a lot of different challenges. When we played it was under the new layout and there were some monster holes. This made it so that the two sides of the course played very differently, which made for a nice contrast between front and back 9. We played on thanksgiving morning and the course was barren which was very nice. Some of the woods made seemingly simple holes very challenging. The back nine was very well labeled. The signs and concrete tee pads made the course wonderful...

Update 7/30/2011: I just played this course again while in town and the original front nine was opened and the new third 9? all have cement tee pads. I would love to see some signs up for these, but all in all this is an awesome course with 27 distinct holes. My favorite part about it, is each set of 9 holes plays very differently. With that being said if you only have time to play 18 you can mix and match to get completely different playing experiences. I originally had it listed at 3, but with the front 9 open I'd give it and easy 3.5 signs and making sure all the basket numbers are right makes this an easy 4 borderline 4.5. What a great little course.
Cons: ...the front nine is temporary and the lack of signage made it hard to play. Twice we played to the wrong basket, and had to go restart the hole. We skipped nine because even though I knew it played around the house and was able to find a basket I was never able to find the tee box. Since we did play on a holiday the course was dead but I could easily see how if there were other cars avoiding them could be difficult.

Update 7/30/2011: Just played this course in the summer time, make sure not to go near dusk as the bugs will eat you alive. Best bet is to go in the morning, or take lots of bug spray.
Other Thoughts: This is the closest course to my parents house, about 30 minutes away. I will definitely drive to play a round or two when visiting, but will also consider a longer drive to explore some new courses. It's not quiet good enough to keep me satisfied. I also have mixed feelings about some of the "elevated" baskets. I've never seen a basket built up on the top of a mound solely to elevate the basket. It added a challenge but also resulted in a lot of missed putts ending up much further away than I started. I'd rather they just tucked the basket behind a tree if they really needed to add a challenge.

variety

1    11/20/2008   11/20/2008
Review By: Innovadude
Pros: -The front and back loop to the parking area, and are distinctly different. Front 9 is a bit shorter, in some trees in a flat area. A few almost mandatory 2's and a few long tight shots. One 550' tunnel, with trees on right and a wet ditch on the left. Back 9 more open, a few shots across the field back and forth to a tree line. Several baskets on small mounds, another long shot along a trench on the right this time.
Well marked for the most part- #16-18 get confusing due to a new layout and a small sign that describes it- but only helpful for those who KNOW the course.
DISC GOLF ONLY side of the park according to signs all over. Get the heck outta my way everyone else!
Great, 99% perfection tee pads- flush with the ground, smooth but not slippery, grippy but not so you can't pivot and a good size too.
Has signs on every hole, showing all tee positions and lengths.
Multiple tees sometimes, color coded.
Good for all skills.
Cons: Front 9 gets some wet, soggy spots and water trenches to walk around which slows play.

The water on the two long shots is black- you go in it's probably gone. (I landed on lillies and ran to get my golden retriever and saved it).

Last few holes confusing now due to new layout change. Possibly a spare basket out there?

Some fire ants.
Other Thoughts: Be careful not to play #18 instead of #9.