Pros: Last review was in 2013 so things have changed a lot.
- There is a good mix of wooded, open, and risky throws. The trees are not super dense to where you will be playing pinball but they are still well placed and frequent to where you have to use finesse and technique to get through them.
- You also play along a lake which adds risk and challenge. Four to five baskets are right next to the water and they even have you throw over the lake on two of the holes.
- There is two holes that are very long and requires 4 to 5 throws to get to. At the same time they still have a couple of holes where you can easily get birdies.
- There is few elevation changes except on one or two of the holes.
- Signage is a pro but at the same time a big con. The baskets have the correct hole number on them so it's good to check that to make sure you are on track. There is orange flags with the hole number on them that mark the tee box.
-The temporary course overlaps the permanent course (more on that later) so it provides some concrete tee boxes but most of them are natural boxes.
Cons: - Very confusing to find. There is a permanent course and a temporary course. The baskets will only be on one course, not both. We went to the permanent course and noticed that none of the starting holes had baskets. I went to my UDisc app and found the temporary course and pulled up the map and found the correct starting point. The temporary course does overlap the permanent one so some of the Tee boxes will have concrete.
- The temporary course was wonderful and they need to install concrete tee boxes. Get rid of the orange flags and confusing starting point and make it more official.
- The walk from hole 14 to 15 is very long and crosses several fairways of other holes. Would have never found it, if it hadn't been for the UDisc app.
- The Signage of the permanent course had me very confused with the temporary one. I was throwing hole three on the temporary course but hole 7 on the permanent course.
Other Thoughts: - This course would have recieved a way higher rating from me because of the layout and the different types of throws they have you doing but the simple cons that are listed really brought the review down a lot.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
- Get ready to lose some discs. It would be very hard not to lose one since some of the holes are right next to the lake with trees getting in your way in having a safe throw.
- Would have never been able to play this course if it hadn't been the UDisc app that gave me specific directions in where each tee box and pin placement was at, so I would highly suggest getting it before playing.
Pros: This is a really nice park with more to offer than just disc golf. The course is well designed for what they had to work with. There aren't just a ton of obstacles on many of the holes but they made good use of it all. There is a decent mix of length and some elevation (always a plus when you mostly play in Florida where it is crazy flat). Some holes are better played with rollers, which is a nice challenge. It seems like this course could be improved with a couple of mandos. I am not a big fan of them but here it could be a plus. Nice tees and pins. Good mix of alternative locations.
Cons: Watch out for snakes back in the brush. It would have been nice if water had been on the right some rather than always on the left. It does get wet from time to time and you will definitely do some walking on this course. As mentioned previously it can get a little repetitive but the elevation and water takes some of that away.
Other Thoughts: Wish I could play this course more. There are always some good locals around including Crawdaddy. They take good care of this course so help them keep it clean while you are out there!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
better than most of the reviews
Pros: Tee Pads for every hole.
Easy to follow layout
Two pin placements for every hole
good use of what little elevation there is out there.
Good use of what vegetation is out there.
Cons: Several of the tee signs were missing, however it was easy to follow the course.
a few of the holes were boring with no challenge to them.
Other Thoughts: I can see why people who play the other courses in town would rate this course as not that good. However in most of the country, this would be a good course.
I liked how the course uses the trees to force a few lefty holes. This can be hard to do in a course like this.
I was not expecting much after reading several of the reviews here, I was surprised it was a much better course than I expected.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Solid, park-style course
Pros: -Nice tee pads and very good signage
-Some picturesque holes along the lake and through some light woods
-Enough distance to challenge most players and enough trees to provide obstacles
Cons: -Long walks between several holes
-A few tee signs missing
-Some of the holes seem repetitive, playing along road, relatively open, etc.
Other Thoughts: This is a well-maintained course on a lot of land, unfortunately it does not seem to flow well. The creek along number 12 is a disc-gobbler and quite close to the entire fairway and basket. We had a disc fall out of someone's bag and roll into it. A few really nice holes (I like 8-9, 11 and 14) are outnumbered by some of the open-park sameness of the others. But all in all worth playing if you are in the area.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: This is a gorgeous park....seems like there is plenty of room for at least 18 more holes. There are a few memorable holes on the course. Most holes were open to park like type shots.The tee pads are awesome and the park seems to be very well maintained. There were no issues with Mosquitos when we were there. I am not a local, so I am not sure if it is always the case or not. It was pretty chilly when we played, so that may have kept them away. For the most part, there was very good signage. Baskets seemed to be in very good shape as well.
Cons: 2 Signs were missing...one laying on the ground and the other was just gone. Between a few memorable holes, the course tended to be redundant. I didn't feel like my game was tested with a variety of shots...
Other Thoughts: There is a lot of upside to this course...but I think it could have been even better. I really hope they put in another 18 out here. The park is beautiful and the course is fun.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: Concrete tee pads on all holes.
Agree with all reviews before this one.
Cons: a few holes have no signs
Tee pads could be a bit longer.
Grass was not cut to the amount of rain during the pervious week.
A lot of standing water in fairways after several days of rain.
Other Thoughts: Overall I like this course. Just played the '09 Copper Hill Classic and it rained during both rounds. Obviously it would have been much more enjoyable tournament in dry weather.
I would like to play this course in dry weather to get a better feel for the course.
Most all "A" position baskets are reachable with a good drive.
I play GMP and can't through over 300' but had a few birdie opportunities.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.