Layout Extinct

South Boston, VA
Edmunds Park DGC - Old Layout Share
Uploaded By: KenTyburski Hole #17 (Taken 5/2012)

constantly being improved

5+    11/23/2011   11/23/2011
Review By: widespreadpanic
This review was updated on 2/1/2012
Pros: Good mix of wide open grip it and rip it, as well as tight wooded holes.

The grand caretaker of this place, Tim is his name I think, is constantly working to improve the course.

Never crowded.

Beautiful park.

This course wasn't setup and forgotten. Look for changes on a regular basis, such as relocated teeboxes/goal placements, etc.
Cons: I don't really mind, but to be fair many people do not like that his course doesn't have concrete tee pads. I'd like to point out however, the rumor is funds have been secured to build them soon.

A few of the holes had their goal placement changed and the signage has not been updated.
Other Thoughts: Overall this place is great. It combines beauty, skill, power, and finesse into one pleasurable round of DG.

I'll be back.

Grip It and Rip It!

5+    8/6/2010   9/21/2010
Review By: KenTyburski
This review was updated on 9/27/2010
Pros: 1. I just love the look of this course. It's a nice park, always with people around, and ever-increasing amenities.
2. Wide open holes for airing shots out. Some people like their disc golf more technical; I love gripping and ripping this course after knocking around some other forest course like a woodpecker.
3. The course is well-maintained. The woods fairways are fairly well-defined, and the rough is fair but challenging in places (stay away from the right on #7, 8, 11, 15, avoid going far left on 10, and don't do either on 6!).
Cons: 1. Okay, so maybe it's too wide open. Even for me, since I like throwing the bombs as much as the technical throws. A couple more holes in the woods would have been nice, instead of just #5-#11.
2. Clearly defined longer tees, plus an alternate set of pins, would make this course more challenging.
Other Thoughts: Favorite hole: #14. It's just a really nice view from the tee; a small creek with a medium-sized throwing window opens out into a small field before another tree line, and the basket is up on a small hillock. Of course, #16 is a great 615' downhill bomb, but #14 is prettier.

I like Edmunds Park most of all because the first time I visited the course, after playing for only a few months, three regulars invited me to join their group when I stepped up behind them on #1. They showed me around the course, giving me pointers on all the basket locations, and being super friendly. I've seen them a couple more times, and they never fail to greet with a smile. Ah, the brotherhood of disc golf!