Wexford, PA
Hole #10 White Tee

My home course

5+    3/12/2009   3/13/2009
Review By: SBVT2012
Pros: Long concrete tees allow for a long run up if you'd like. Also, the blue (pro) tees are a thick rubber material that makes a nice tee. Multiple pin locations make the course fun to play over and over again. Good variety too, with some long open fairways, and some wooded, sloped fairways.
Cons: Although the white and blue tees are very nice to play on, the beginner and/or women's tees (red) are not marked very well. Also, finding the next hole may be confusing such as going from #2 to #3 (you would think that you would walk straight when done with #2, but instead you walk to the right into the woods to get to #3).
Other Thoughts: This is my home course, so I play it all the time. Its definately worth the time to play.

Something for everyone here

5+    6/16/2006   1/29/2009
Review By: craigg
Pros: There really is something for everyone here.
-Multiple Tees and Pins
- Nice elevation
-Nice Mix of woods (both tight and sparse) and open shots
- Nice distance/skill change between short and long tees, offering a challenge for all skill levels
- Ample parking
- Bathrooms
- Covered shelter Area
- Dedicated local golfers make for excellent tournaments and an overall welcoming DG Community.
- A Parks department that loves DG!!
Cons: The only real con to this course is after a rain, there are a few holes (3 or 4 total) that turn into mucky mud pits. This really can't be helped as those holes are at the base of a fairly steep hill.
Other Thoughts: Haven't been back in a couple years - I'm looking forward to returning to Knob Hill this summer for the PFDO.

45 min drive for us, but worth it

7/25/2008   7/25/2008
Review By: crandellfamily
Pros: Lots of variety. Good use of multiple tees. Excellent challenging hole placement. The grassy areas were very well cut. Relatively easy walking for so many hills. I especially liked 5, and 12 - to the right side basket, 13, and 14 (even with the swampy tire tracks cutting through it). My 10-year-old daughter had a great time from the reds. The rest of us found it very tough using the whites - not too surprising at our skill level.
Cons: Some of the holes and tees were hard to find for a first visit. Red tee lines were hard to find on some holes. Area might get very messy after strong rains. Sign at Tee 16 is misleading, but it's kind of obvious to guess where it's going.
Other Thoughts: Not too long from whites - didn't wear out my arm before the end of 18. Water hole on 15 isn't much of a water hole any more. That suited my family just fine. 11 to the C basket was a monster uphill for us. My worst round of the summer score-wise, and I still had a good time. More clear signs to first tee would help, or maybe we missed something. The first visible tee is 18, so we parked before it. That was a mistake. We ended up walking about half the course backward, just to get our bearings and find #1. Next stop will be Deer Lakes.

7/1/2007   7/23/2008
Review By: b13ecker
Pros: Cement teepads, more of a open course, trees have sum corrugated piping on them incase of discs hitting wont really damage
Cons: When it rains or day after it is a mud pit, also everything is par 3 some should be par 4s but its a hard course very challenging

Good one!

7/19/2008   7/19/2008
Review By: disconsolator
Pros: Definitely one of the best courses I've played. Options everywhere, which is what I like. Rolling hills, good distance and well groomed. Two sets of tees makes it ultra challenging.
Cons: There seem to be a lot of pin positions and there really isn't a way to tell where the pins are unless you run all the way down the fairway.

Another great burgh course

6/1/2008   6/6/2008
Review By: bcsst26
Pros: I have only played two rounds on this course but my overall impression is that it is another excellent course in the Pittsburgh region. This course is set up well with concrete tee pads(white tees), signs, and several pin locations. I used a wide variety of shots for the rounds. A very enjoyable day.
Cons: I wish par was posted on the tee signs. I am still not really sure of what par is on this course. The course seems like it could be wet during a rainy stretch. I thought some of the holes could have been a little longer.
Other Thoughts: I would recommend anyone to play Deer Lakes, Moraine, and Knob Hill while in the Pittsburgh area.

One of the best

2/19/2008   2/19/2008
Review By: bryon
Pros: All around great course. There is hard to find a negative here. Wooded to open holes, elevation changes, the works. After completing a round I always want to try again because I know I can do better. 2 tees and 3 pin placements on every hole. Makes for an interesting tournament. Kind of hard to find the first hole, but the rest is easy. (short tee to B pin is my favorite) PFDO is a great tournament to play if you have a chance. Very well run every year. Lots of locals always around to show you the way. Good course for beginners and the experienced thrower. long to longest (c-position) is probably one of the most challenging in the country. I can not emphasize enough how well this course uses distance and accuracy. I can't wait to play again
Cons: Short tee to A position is great for beginners, but experienced players may find boring after a round or two. Thankfully they have multiple positions rotated.

Pittsburgh's Elite

1/2/2008   1/2/2008
Review By: kUrTp
Pros: Great layout, every hole is unique and different. Every type of shot can be played on this course. With 3 different pins course can play completely different each time out. Concrete Tees are awesome. Easy to get around and if not you'll almost always run into someone.
Cons: Signs are a little worn. In Spring some holes get a little sloppy.
Other Thoughts: One of my favorite courses to play. Many pros feel the same way. Always someone to meet or someone to throw with at Knob.

Another good one on I-79

8/6/2007   8/7/2007
Review By: MattK
Pros: Detailed signs at the tees, concrete pads for the white tees. Has a nice variety of holes and makes good use of the changes in elevation.
Cons: Multiple pin placements can leave you wondering which direction to throw from the tee. A few of the fairways in the middle of the course overlap / crisscross, which might cause groups to throw into each other.
Other Thoughts: I ran into several groups playing in the horrible, hot and rainy conditions on an early Monday afternoon; I can only imagine the crowds that head to this place during prime playing time.

Another Great Pittsburgh Course

7/21/2007   7/25/2007
Review By: timg
Pros: Long course with lots of elevation changes and hole variety. Very long tee pads.
Cons: Blue tees were occasionally a little difficult to find but that is more of a nitpick than a con. Only the White tees had concrete.
Other Thoughts: Knob Hill is a great course and I thoroughly enjoyed my round there. There is a great mix of wooded and open holes and each hole presents a new challenge.

Also, for all of you that have long run-ups, Knob Hill has concrete tee-pads just for you. You can start and finish your run-up on the actual tee-pad.

If you ever have a chance to play this course then you have to take that opportunity, you definitely will not regret it.