1 Helpful / 0 Not
Great all-around course
Pros: -Well designed course with going through all different types of terrain.
-Baskets are in great condition
-Tee pads are nice and long for extra run up
-Signs are great. Tells you where the hole is and how far. Also tells you exactly where the next tee box is
-Well maintained fairways and great open area.
-Many obstacles so you can work on different parts of your game
-Not very busy
-More of a disc golf course then a park, so your don't have to worry about hitting other people or cars
Cons: -On hole 5 it is a little close to the timber so if you over shoot the hole you are searching for a while (makes a good difficult shot though.
-The "creek" has no water in it but all weeds so you are constantly searching for your discs in there.
Other Thoughts: One of my favorite courses I have been at because it works on many aspects of your game and helps you learn how to place your shots. Really suggest this course to everyone because it is a great course for only 9 holes.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
An average 9
Pros: Evans Park is a nice little city park with a an great 9-hole course. The remarkable thing that stands out is that every hole was a little different!
- There are 5 Straight / 2 Left / 2 Right.
- Hole length varies with 5 @ 200-300 / 2 @ 300-400 / 2>400. No real length since the longest hole is 421', but I think this is perfect for a 9-hole course quite frankly.
- The holes lacked a touch of foliage that would really make this course remarkable, but with that said the baskets have been placed in such a way that you actually have to think about your shot selection. What I mean is that you will be rewarded for going for it by stretching your shots maybe a little beyond your normal limits. I think that is a true Hallmark of a great course design.
- Tee pads are concrete.
- Present tee signs were very helpful.
- Course was Very easy to navigate! No map needed for the course.
- Long arm throwers have an opportunity for nuerous Dueces WITH a challenge! I didn't sense any "gimme" Dueces. You gotta be accurate to card one!
Cons: - Tee signs for holes 2, 4, 5 are missing, but still easy to see the basket.
- Lacks holes with dense foliage. Just a little too open for my personal taste.
- It's a minor turn off IMO to be playing adacent to someone's backyard from an aesthetics point of view only.
- Only 9 holes!
Other Thoughts: The couse is truly a great play! It's only 20 minutes away from the interstate and worth a quick stop.
- Course was all mine on a Friday late afternoon and a very quick play.
- Playground and Bathrooms at parking area.
- I sure wish there was room for 9 more holes - it's still alot of fun at just 9 however!
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.