Santa Barbara (Goleta), CA
Hole #16 Approach

Great Local Place

5+    9/20/2012   11/9/2013
Review By: SDtoSB
Pros: -Quiet course with typically short waits (quick but fun round)
-Worth playing 2 rounds back-to-back
-Above average terrain and tree density variation
-Above average ground conditions (except the swamp hole)
-Fun for all skill levels (except the swamp hole)
Cons: -The swamp hole
-Finding the basket can be difficult if you've never played it
-Can be difficult to locate a disc at twilight
Other Thoughts: This was the course I learned on both when first starting out, and when I broke my right wrist and learned to throw left-handed. Was a fun course when shot -4 (after a year's experience) and still fun when I shot +27 (1st left handed round).

P.S. If you find my Starfire on the swamp hole, please call the number on the back!

Super fun

1    2/12/2011   2/13/2011
Review By: Pottersmash
Pros: -Great variety of wide open shots to let it rip, short shots, fading blind shots, and wooded shots.
-With the map that you print out from this site it was easy to find everything and see what the throw was going to look like.
-Locals were really nice to let me play through
-weather was warm and sunny, we played around 2:30pm and wind wasn't bad at all.
-beginner friendly, yet challenging enough.
-my wife got her first par here!
Cons: -there definitely is a group of stoners that hang out between 7 and 8. I read that in someone else's review on here and just laughed when i saw it in person.
-the walk back is kinda long
-it got fairly busy, but we never waited longer than a few minutes at one hole. no biggie
-there's crossing fairways between 10-13, but its not that bad because everyone else knows that. so people are pretty cautious most of the time and take their turn at the right time. This was honestly my biggest concern coming to the course but it wasn't bad at all.
Other Thoughts: I can see how some really experienced disk golfers may see this course as not being SUPER challenging, but for me it was a gold mine! I have around 6 months of experience and I had such a blast. The mixture of somewhat challenging elements, yet not too bad to where it's frustrating was nice. I ended the day with +1 which is the best i've ever done playing a course for the first time. I'm definitely coming back to this course next time I come through SB.

Home Sweet Home

5+    7/1/2009   7/4/2009
Review By: Vince Klortho
Pros: Amazing variation of long and short holes, great use of elevation and natural topography, beautiful setting. Friendly locals, plentiful parking and great weather.
Cons: Pretty isolated in a residential community, far from restaurants and things like that. Can be somewhat tough to find off the freeway if you've never been there. Tees are poorly marked and can be confusing without a map or a local. Hole 8 should be at least a par 4 - it's much, much more difficult than any of the other holes. No variation in pin placement. When you finish the round it's a long walk from 18 back to where you parked on 1.
Other Thoughts: My home course, where I first learned how to play. I play this course 2-3 times a week and never get bored.

local course- good

5+    12/3/2008   12/5/2008
Review By: kelso829
Pros: so this is my local course. i play very often and am recent to the sport. the holes range from longer holes on the front and very back with several mid range holes inbetween. wind is never much of a problem. rang from some hills and trees. the local stoner, drinking kids on 15 were kicked out by the cops and have not been there for over a month. most locals are nice, although some a pre-Madonnas
Cons: so local's take for ever to play, and others come in groups of nine which slows down the game play. also holes 10,11, and 12 overlap each other. some stoners do take puffs in the woods on holes 8/9. 13 is difficult for beginners, you cannot see the hole from the tee. it is over some swap land, known for swallowing disc. hole 15 is hard to find, and difficult to play after rain. hole 18 is difficult for it curves to the left and once again you cannont see the chains.
Other Thoughts: i play this course 3 times a week. i get together with buddies and play a round. all time low of -4 for our group, a couple of us average under par. some disc have been lost also found and good people return or at least found disc.