Fairhope, AL
Fairhope Municipal Park Share
Uploaded By: catiadude69 Hole #4 (Taken 11/2009)

Loved this course...

1    5/23/2014   5/23/2014
Review By: hammerhead611
Pros: *Nice tee setups (tee boxes, markers, etc)
*Nice open throws to start off with before making it into the shaded woods (which was needed today around lunch time)
*Nice elevation changes on several holes
*Benches on nearly every hole
Cons: *Traffic could get hectic around the ball fields when there are ball games being played
*The "island" basket looks like it could be trouble when the parking lot around it is full of cars (signs say not to park on island, but I'm sure there are drivers that park there anyway)

Other Thoughts: Played the course for the first time today and really enjoyed it, as did my 8 yd old daughter and niece (I gave them each a disk and let them go to town throwing them). I really liked the layout of the course. There were several holes that had elevation changes (both uphill and down hill).

The course starts out with several open field throws among pine trees. Then, the course moves into the wooded area, with several straight fairways, and several that end to the left (I think there was 1 hole that ended to the right). After playing the wooded holes, play moves back out into the open field, with a 300'+ throw downhill (the only restroom I remember on the course was located at this teebox). Play continues between a baseball field and a road, so I'm sure this area can be hectic when there is a ball game being played. Then comes the one hole that I didn't care for (it was labeled as "A")...it plays either around the left field corner of the same baseball field mentioned on the last hole or over the corner of the field. Hole 17 is across the road past the skate park. Hole 18 plays behind the football stadium up to the field that you start off in. The course finishes up with a 385' "Mack" hole that plays back toward the parking lot.

Great course in a great park!!!!

2-4    2/23/2014   2/27/2014
Review By: Kometsfan2007
Pros: Great course with several wooded holes and open-field holes. Great course for all skill levels.
Cons: Plays through a couple of areas that could be high-traffic areas at certain times of the year.
Other Thoughts: I love playing this course. It is very close to where I live and the people that play this course regularly are extremely friendly.

Fun Course

5+    3/25/2012   3/28/2012
Review By: DC2FTW
Pros: + Good mix of elevation change
+ Good course to bring people to to get them into the game; very fun, but not overly challenging
+ Decent mix of wooded and wide open shots
+ Clearly marked guide signs to next tee
+ Nice tee pads
+ 2 extra holes - one with a challenging OB right next to a baseball field, and another that's 380 ft or so, on the way from hole 18 towards the parking area.
+ Clean and well maintained
+ Awesome locals
Cons: - Many of the shots curve to the left - this is because the course curves through and around a park with other amenities (baseball fields and the like
- It's likely that on a few of the holes, there will be either too much foot traffic or parked cars to play through. (I believe hole 14's pin is in a grass island directly next to a parking lot, and gets parked on during baseball and football events)
Other Thoughts: This course is well maintained and well played. People are always willing to play through with you and give you pointers and tips. Sometimes the proximity to baseball and football fields can give pucker factor to your shots (don't want to go OB into the field while they're playing ball!)

Overall, great course. I play it whenever I have the chance.

good course

1    9/24/2011   9/24/2011
Review By: chrishank
Pros: Course layout is probably the easiest layout I have ever played. The flow of the course goes perfect and even if you could not figure it out there is a map b4 hole one. All holes have concrete teepads with an alternate teepads, shorter and not concrete, but easy to tell. The course was well kept up and freshly mowed. A lot of garbage cans placed throughout the course with benches. A very family friendly course.
Cons: The baskets are not updated but still work. Hey I actually like the vintage goals. Course is fairly long with some holes 100 ft plus away from each other. Other than that not much to complain about. A few holes throw close to other stuff, like a dog park and baseball field.
Other Thoughts: I am from chattanooga tennessee and took a trip to the beach. My family and I decided on this course for it was the closest to our motel room. If I ever come back I will play this course again! It would be my favorite if it was not so far away.

Has Been much improved apparently

5+    1/27/2011   1/30/2011
Review By: AvengerTruth
Pros: Tee boxes on all 20 holes along with a very detailed layout on each hole. Great mixture of wooded and open holes. Very challenging course, you really have to think about your shot. I am not a super long driver (probably avg 275-300) so I like the distance of the holes. Easy to navigate and just a very pleasant place to play
Cons: I would like to see some of the brush cleared out, it can be difficult to find your disc at times. Not a neccessity, but it would be nice to clear the lanes of a few trees. I like the challenge, but it would help a little I think.
Other Thoughts: For all the people who had bad experiences in the past, try it again. I am very new to the sport so I have only had the good course. All the cons I have read are all things that have apparently been fixed. Give it another shot, I am there at least once a week

new and improved

5+    12/1/2010   12/1/2010
Review By: BamaJim
This review was updated on 12/30/2010
Pros: Newly made custom made tee box markers and new signs directing players on my home course have been installed. Still very tight on the wooded holes demanding accurate shots. Two new baskets installed bringing total to twenty. Glad to see the City of Fairhope Installing new Concrete tee pads on all holes.
Cons: Carefull where you walk around dog park Some people do not pick up after there animals. During baseball season some holes need to be played around to miss any conflict.
Other Thoughts: Great course to play not very long but a tough test of your game. A great crew of locals is making a difference.
RMFT