Snohomish, WA
Ferguson Park Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #1 (Taken 5/2010)

Beautiful!

1    11/12/2009   11/12/2009
Review By: delve
Pros: This is a very beautiful course, exactly what I needed after playing courses like Whistlers Bend and Dexter in Oregon all last week. This course is perfect for practicing fairway and putting technique and solving obstacle problems without throwing your shoulder out! Since my muscles are already completely sore but I still want to play it was very refreshing. Plus no one was there, other courses Ive been to in the area are packed dawn to dusk.
Cons: I can see how if there were a lot of people there could be the potential of getting hit by a disk, but some courtesy and awareness could alleviate that concern.
Other Thoughts: DEFINITELY worth the drive from Everett, its less than 15 minutes, by far the closest baskets around! I would go to Lake Stephens for a challenge, but I would go back to Ferguson for fun, especially if I had kids learning the game.

Fun for the family and newbies.

5+    1/26/2011   5/30/2009
Review By: sillybizz
This review was updated on 1/26/2011
Pros: Ferguson park is well taken care of. There is little to no litter or vandalism. The course is easy to follow, the next teepad is right after the last basket. There are places to picnic there and this is a short course that the whole family can have fun on. The baskets are beautiful and the course is rarely used.
Cons: The course is extremely short, I'm using a putter on every hole. There is room on the other side of this park that is not being used to make either a challenging 9 hole course or keep the short family friendly style and make it 18 holes, I'm not sure why that wasn't utilized.
Other Thoughts: You won't need a huge bag full of discs weighing you down when you play here, if you usually carry around 30 discs with you to play a round you might want to consider just taking a mid and a putter instead. My mother plays with me here and she can birdie most of the holes. I would say drive another 15 minutes and play Lake Stevens instead if you are looking for more of a challenge.

quaint course for children

2-4    5/24/2009   5/26/2009
Review By: python6114
Pros: If you want to try and get your first ace this is the course for you. If you are a small child or a beginner play this course. This is great if you only want to use mid range and putter and you don't like to be challenged. I threw a -4 on this course and I've been playing for about 2 months.
Cons: I threw -4 on this course and I've only been playing for about two months. Super Short, maybe two challenging holes and these are challenging because a big rock and a big hill make it a somewhat blind tee shot. Even if you get the hole in one you will feel that it was cheap.
Other Thoughts: Furgeson Park is beautiful park, if you want to take a family there for a pic-nic and some games then it is great that you can bring your discs and still throw. Short course, but well maintained. Not worth the drive from anywhere out of 10 miles from there. Lake Stevens is 6 miles away and is way better for a short course.

Cuteness

1    3/4/2009   3/4/2009
Review By: menmabassguitar
Pros: Nice Inova baskets. The course was maintained as far as grass goes. Visible, clean T's
Good beginners course for sure

If the course was my backyard and I was the only golfer it would be ideal.
It took me 20-30 minutes to play through all 9 holes! I kid you not!
Cons: SUPER short and dangerous
There was a group of kids playing behind me, I was constantly looking over my shoulder for potential mortars. I felt like we were just throwing at one another from each side of the course.

It's like one big putting green.
Other Thoughts: CUTENESS - Overall a nice LITTLE course
HAHAHA
Not worth the drive from Everett.

shorty

1    8/30/2008   11/4/2008
Review By: Starwraith169
Pros: quick rounds, somewhat technical, good pitch and putt course, maintained, well marked.
Cons: Way too short, period. I birdied every hole except one. I felt like it was too easy, which can be really boring.
Other Thoughts: its worth playing once. It certainly wont take you long

Short, but not so bad.

6/25/2008   6/26/2008
Review By: LanceInTacoma
Pros: The course was well marked, easy to follow, in good condition. The park wasn't crowded, no other golfers, and well manicured.
Cons: As everyone else has stated, the holes are way too short, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. If you lived or worked close, this could be a quick stop during a lunch hour or break to get in a disc golf fix.
Other Thoughts: I wish I had a little course like this in my back yard. If I had a big enough back yard, I probably would, but I only played this course because I am on a quest to play every course in Washington this year. Good place to bring an elementary school class if you were trying to teach them about disc golf, I suppose.

Snohomish

6/6/2008   6/6/2008
Review By: HarbDeaf
This review was updated on 6/19/2008
Pros: Cute is the word. Holes are short Baskets are great. The Tee Markings are some of the best. You can find No. 1 very easy, then No. 2 and so on.

First hole you throw over this huge rock, about 220 feet. 2nd hole throw thru a bunch of trees. 3rd hole got to be careful not to go over the fence. Next few were possible Aces. You do have to thow thru some trees. No. 7 is probably the longest, like no. 1. No. 8 was nice, got to throw over a 30 foot hill to a basket on the other side. Pond behind the basket. That's a water hazard. Good challenge. last one No. 9 is by the road. Makes a good practice warm up basket. Not too many people playing. Nearby is a nice Blackman's lake. People fish there. Playground in the area. Grass is manicured.
Cons: Holes are short. Not good for a Pro. Only for a rookie or novice who want to tune up their game, or practice throws.
Other Thoughts: I have fun at this course. Take my kids there. Good way to introduce disc golf, instead of a killer course w/ blackberry.

SHORT

5/15/2008   5/19/2008
Review By: hoihoi8
Pros: Nice baskets. A few decent holes.
Cons: This might be the first course I've played where holes are under 100 feet. You will be using your putter as a driver alot. Holes 1,2,7,8 & 9 are ok, but still under 200 feet. Holes 3,4,5,6 are 100 feet or less and are a joke. I actually laughed at the pathetic distance of some of the baskets and had to triple check to make sure the tee and basket number matched.
Other Thoughts: Play from alternate tees and positions to make this course more than mini golf experience.

Walt Disneys' It's A Small World

2-4    4/26/2008   4/27/2008
This review was updated on 5/14/2012
Pros: This would be a great course for you ........... if you were 2'8" tall like Mini Me. It's like a minature disc golf course. It's too small to be called a pitch and putt but probably a little too big to be called a disc golf putt putt course. They should install those little pink boats like the Disneyland ride "It's A Small World" and pipe in that terribly annoying song that plays over and over again. Make you throw from the boats while singing. That might make it more challenging. On the plus side, the park is lovely. The tee markers are vandal proof and are great as long as they don't change any holes. It would be the perfect course to teach your seven year old to play on. And did I mention, I thouroughly enjoyed playing it.
Cons: Well, uhh, the baskets are kinda close. I didn't get any aces. Hit the basket once and the chains once. I suck!
Other Thoughts: There's a Burger King about a block way and the smell of those flame broiled Whoppers (Registered Trademark) just kind of wafts on over to the course. Hard to resist! If I lived in Snohomish and played this course all the time, my arm would probably atrophy away to nothing and I would look like a Tyrannosauros rex BUT I would have more career aces than Ken (Freaking World Champion) Climo. Another rating that I've been thinking about for a while. While it's true there isn't much course here, I really enjoyed playing it and would go back. I'm upping the rating by a half point.

putt and putt

3/29/2008   3/29/2008
Review By: DGtourist
Pros: The course and park setting is very beautiful. The rocks and hill in the middle of the course is an awesome use of limited space.
Cons: The one thing to consider about this course is the distances. A man came to the park from his place of employment just on the other side of the parking lot on three and started giving us a hard time about seeing a hole in one. Well, if that man was serious, he works only feet from a park where every basket is aceable. The tee markers are a strip of concrete that state the basket number and point you in the direction. (I'll post a pic) They can get in your way, I can imagine somebody tripping over them. Not that there is any reason to x-step.
Other Thoughts: They relegated the course to a small part of the park, I say, use the whole thing