North Platte, NE
Flight to 9 Share
Uploaded By: mgcarney Hole #6 (Taken 8/2010)

Where's Waldo? Uh, Er, I Mean, Where's The # 7 Hole?

1    8/9/2016   8/11/2016
Pros: Had I read prerube's thourgh review, I would have known where to look for missing # 7 hole. It's over the hill in the undeveloped area.

Cody park is a huge, sprawling park with just about anything you could ask for, a zoo, railroad cars and locomotive, ponds, etc. The disc golf course starts near the locomotive. The 9 hole course plays mostly on a flat, grassy area with the water possibly coming into play on # 8.

There is a course sign at the beginning. The mats are the rubber fly type and some of these have seen better days. Many are rotting and getting tore up at the front. The baskets are the DGA models with the hard to read red numbers. The tee signs are my favorite type tee sign. They are on a 4" x 4" pole which is just about a foot tall. The top is cut at an angle and a small 4" x 4" sign is screwed on. I think they hold really well to whatever destructive forces are out in the parks at 2 AM. Unfortunately, this tee signs, like the rubber mats, are just getting old and worn out. Some are missing and some others needs a new sign put on the post.

The course plays at a recreational level. Beginners and us total recreational types will enjoy their round here. Intermediate players and above will be bored here.

The park's department has installed a 15-20' tall fence along the street side of # 6. I guess more than a few drives were grip locked into the neighbor's front yards.

There's room for most of us to pull our driver's out on a couple of holes. # 1 is a cool, uphill toss up the ski hill. Why did the designers not place the # 2 tee pad up here? I realize it's close to the basket but teeing off up on the hill would have probably became the signature hole on this course.
Cons: Geese and geese droppings. (See "My Rant" below.

Equipment needs work. Tee signs and rubber mats both.

Maybe a next tee arrow pointing to # 7.

Not challenging more better players. It's flat with few obstacles, other than a few trees.

Other Thoughts: My Rant: There was no-one else in this section of the park. It's difficult to take three steps without stepping in the geese poo. I wouldn't bring my children over here. A picnic would be disgusting. It really kind of distracted from my round here today. I realize this is the only course around for miles but parks are for people. The geese can go somewhere else. You Nebraska folks are all packing heat, aren't you. Pioneer spirit and all that! How about an old fashioned Turkey (geese) shoot? I'm in!

Big City Park

1    7/1/2012   7/6/2012
Review By: mndiscg
Pros: -There is lots to do here, trains, picnics, animals, playgrounds, rides, swimming pool and most of all, disc golf!
-Nice rubbery tees
-Nice Baskets
-Dual basket positions for most holes, unfortunately they seemed to be in the less interesting position when I was there
-Decent signage (see cons)
-Many ace runs here
-Hole 8 is a good challenge with the lake on the right side. It is a tricky basket position as well
-This course flows pretty well, it was always easy to find the next tee.
-Makes for a good quick round which breaks up a long and boring trip along US 83 or I80. Also could be good for introducing a newer player to the game.
Cons: -Not too challenging, mostly open with a few trees here and there
-On the shorter side for a course, most holes are pitch and putt
-Some of the distances on the signs are clearly wrong. I specifically remember 9 where it says 440 or so feet and I overthrew it with a one step approach.
-Very flat
-Might have to watch out for other park users, this is a popular place
-Could lose a disc in the pond/lake so be careful on that hole.
Other Thoughts: This is the only course in town and the only one for miles. It is worth a stop but don't expect a championship course, this is a good but typical city park course. A few reviews and the description mention a small forest and rows of trees but don't let that fool you. Hole 3 has about 7 or 8 trees around but I don't know if that classifies as a small forest. Any low shot will be just fine on that hole. Like DG Tourist said, there is more land around here that could be better used for a more challenging disc golf course or an addition to the current one,