Floral City, FL
Floral Park Share
Uploaded By: denny ritner Hole #10 (Taken 5/2009)

Floral park

5+    1/18/2014   4/24/2014
Review By: Peter S
Pros: Very large clean & safe park. Great variety including more hills than usual for Florida. Makes good use of the large hill with some up hill & down hill shots. long & short tees for all. Restrooms for the ladies by parking & all the way in the back along course route.
Cons: some may find a little short on challenge as some of the long tees are close in length to the shorts & no water hazards.
Other Thoughts: Most of the challenge here is the form of distance or the mature oak trees with old mans beard. Great grip & rip course & one of my favorites on the route to my "cabin in the woods"

Good and Bad

1    12/23/2013   12/30/2013
Review By: Horsman
Pros: - Easy to get to with a decently big parking lot.

- Very very very easy to navigate this course if you play blind. There are arrows on the bottom of every basket that point you to wherer the 2 teepads are.

- 2 sets of teepads on every Hole

- A nice mix of every type of shot, straight, hyzer, anhyzer, thumber, forhand, backhand. It has it all.

- A good mix of short and long holes
Cons: - CEILINGS. Almost every single hole has a very low cieling and the only really option is to throw the one shot that has the cieling. This might just be me being me though because Im 6'6"

- There were a few holes that had a tree or 2 very close to the tee right in front of you, which is really bad but it takes away from what the hole could be.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed playing this course from the shorts but struggled through the longs. I think it is a beautful park with every thing in place for it to be a great course it would need a little work to make it really great.

Another Great Florida Course.

5+    10/14/2013   10/14/2013
Review By: Charbachuk
Pros: - Located in the middle of nowhere in comparison to other courses in a small town.
- Nice big parking lot; I'm real big on accessibility.
- All Tee-Pads are in great shape; double sidewalk panel style. Each pad is also painted with the color of the pad (Blue for the Pro, Red for the Am) and the number of the hole.
- Tons of shot variety; multiple ways to get to the pin on each hole.
- Tons of course diversity; no two holes play the same on this course.
- Not overwhelmingly difficult or long. The majority of the distance on this course is on 3 holes and this isn't a course that will kill you with difficulty.
- Nice baskets with next hole indicators underneath.
- Signature hole in my opinion is hole #16, longer par 4 that throws downhill at first, then under low ceiling to basket in corner of park.
- Great elevation, especially for Florida. Some definite up and downs without having to bring your hiking boots.
- Course plays completely different from the Blue pads than the Red pads.
Cons: - Tee-Signs; I have no idea why, but the tee sign for each hole is located in between the Blue pad and Red pad which is annoying if you want to know distance and have to walk halfway down the fairway to see the sign. Also, these are probably some of the most boring tee-signs I've ever seen; just plain ole metal with stick-em numbers.
- No real signature finishing hole; hole 18 is a pretty lame 300 footish shoot down a little hill moving left to right in between two trees.
- The potential for the signature hole, hole #16 in my opinion, is not fully met. I feel like the distance and elevation makes it awesome, but when you get to the basket and see its barley perched up on some clay surface surrounded by old wood. A hole like that could use some nice plant life around the basket and possibly even a more elevated pin.
Other Thoughts: - Overall, this is one of my top 5 favorite courses and top 10 in difficulty. This is such a beautiful area and the course does not disappoint. Some small improvements could be made to take this course to the next level, but I'm not complaining.

- I would most certainty take a day trip to play this course, play the blues in the morning and the reds in the afternoon.

A Shady Treat

1    7/6/2013   7/6/2013
Review By: davmer2303
Pros: * Course has a good variety of hole lengths including two very worthy par 4's.
* Each hole has two sets of tee pads with a very different challenge, and varied lines off each pad.
* Course contains sporadic, but consistent live oaks. These trees are well used by the park designer so as to make quality obstacles for the shotmaker.
* Most holes contain multiple lines that are possible. Although not a "hard" course, poor shots will be swallowed by the oaks.
* Course makes good use of some hills and elevation changes. There are some lovely downhill and uphill holes.
* The trees provide ample shade and there seems to be a consistent breeze. I played in Florida's July weather and found it to be quite comfortable.
* Teepads were solid concrete, had mostly good signage, and baskets typically contained arrows to next holes.
* Navigation was easy and usually logical with the course starting and ending at the pavilion.
* Fun factor was high. I would love to play here again!
Cons: * the red tee pad for 13 does not seem to exist, There was a marker for red 13 on the ground but no pad.
* The red pad for 9 is on the edge of the basketball court bleachers. Its easy to find once you know what you're looking for.
* Pretty much a con free course. There were a few missing arrows around 7 and 8 but the pads were easy to find. I didn't have navigation issues and the architect clearly maximized the resources of the park.
Other Thoughts: I have eyed this course for a few months as one to play, and I was not disappointed. As I walked and threw, I found myself in a nice peaceful zone. This park brought me back to my childhood before things were fast and crowded. It has beautiful shade trees with rolling hills, and the fact that the disc golf is quality makes it just right. The park has a nice walking path, basketball courts, playgrounds, bathrooms, and grills. It would be a nice place to bring the family, and the people I ran into were nice and courteous. Floral City may be a relaxed town known for its fishing, but in this case give Floral Park disc golf course a try. You wont be sorry!

Fun in Floral City

1    4/21/2013   4/28/2013
Review By: lordbag
Pros: - Concrete Tees
- Arrows to Next Pad
- Distances were marked for red and blue
- Good practice course
- Won't lose any discs
- Great course on a quite day
Cons: - Tees and Baskets are some times too close to other tees and baskets, which can be interesting if there are players out.
- Walkers can interrupt play.
Other Thoughts: This is a great place to get some practice in when no one else is there because there is little walking between baskets and tees. The conditions were pretty good for a local park. I will be going back to sharpen my game.

Tour Del Sol Finals

2-4    9/22/2012   10/1/2012
Review By: scottgopre
Pros: -Concrete tee pads for pros and ams
-Arrows on baskets to designate next pad location
-Well maintained course
-Long holes are a mix of open and technical
-Two bathroom buildings in case you gotta go
-Great for testing mid-range ability
Cons: -Out of bound areas not clearly marked
-Walkways may have slow pedstrians crossing in front of flight path
-Few am holes that require higher than a mid-range
-No desginated practice basket (used hole 10's basket to warm up)
Other Thoughts: This course is great for a beginner wanting to learn the sport. Combine holes 12 & 12A for a more challenging. Watch where you step. I stepped in dog poop because some people don't know how to pick up after their dog.

I would love to come back and play this course again!

2-4    9/2/2012   9/5/2012
Review By: MaxUFC
Pros: - Neat course
- Direct sign under the basket for next tee.
- Restrooms and water fountains
- Plenty for a parking
- Grills and tables
Cons: - Some tees closer too closer each other.
- Not many trash cans.
- Walking people cross the paths around nearby tee boxes.
Other Thoughts: I like to come back there any day.

An Interesting Florida Course

1    3/27/2011   3/27/2011
Review By: rhelt100
Pros: Very well maintained. Short course is good for beginners or more experienced players looking to practice their short game.
Cons: The course could use some directional signs to the next tee although we didn't have any major issues. The setup of 12 and 12b was a little confusing and the lack of a red tee on hole #9 confused us for a bit. Might be a good idea to paint a red stripe on the tee pad as well so it's obvious where it is.
Other Thoughts: This was a fun course to play. Although most of the holes were short, they were well designed to present a challenge even for those who are used to longer courses.

Fun Day Trip

1    10/3/2010   10/3/2010
Review By: sasquach
Pros: Course was in great shape today. Well mowed and clear of downed limbs ect. Nice to play in a wide open space. Our home course has a lot of brush.
Good for your ego. Not a long course from the pro tees. Every once in awhile it's good for you.
Great place for beginners to try some shots.
As usual we met some nice locals.
Cons: There were pick-nickers under a tree in the 10th fairway. It's a multi-use park and you have to share.
Not really a con so much as something to watch out for.
Did not need my mid range discs all day. Drivers and short discs were it.

Other Thoughts: A fun day trip from Ocala for us. We got in 3 rounds and were home by 5:00. A nice short course.

Not a bad place to play

1    8/22/2010   8/24/2010
Review By: Daddy_Dragon
Pros: Concrete tees for most. Found that there were three without two tees. I play off the pros, so that didn't bother me any. Great landscape, was well maintained when I played. This place had elevation (not mountains mind you) which was a surprise for me in Florida. No palms thus no chance of me losing a disk.
Cons: This place had no water or true hazards. There were various holes in which I had to back track or walk a distance in order to reach next tee. There were no marker indicating the location of the next tee. Lucky for me, I went with my brother who had played the course before.
Other Thoughts: A lot of walking for 18 holes due to back tracking, but was enjoyable. It was a nice park setting. Not fact there was a cute playground to entertain the little ones while I played.