3 Helpful / 1 Not
A- = Absolute Perfection!.....with a few blemishes
Pros: Here is what I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B (Half the course is wooded and almost all of those holes are perfectly designed in this aspect - demanding perfect shot selection and execution to birdie. Mess up and pay! Unfortunately, too many open holes for my preference.)
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == A (Almost every hole is deuceable, but almost no gimmes - so a great score feels great!)
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == A- (A little too open for my preference, but several of the open holes have great pin position that force you to shape your shot well. Very very enjoyable use of the terrain!)
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == A++ (On many days I would be in heaven just to be able to walk the course without even throwing a single shot. Too bad the pictures on this site were taken in winter/early spring - they do not do the course's beauty justice.)
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
Thank you John for this gem of a course!!
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage…if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me….that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: Good mix of open & wooded holes, short & long. Pretty surroundings, great views. Benches on some holes. Numbered tee signs on each hole. Has OB's & mandos. Friendly owner with well stocked pro shop. Very clean- no trash, cig butts etc.
Cons: I'd like to have a bench at every hole but that's just me. Some of the teepads are kinda short & small. Watch out for cow pies.
Other Thoughts: My first visit there was for a tournement. The course suited this to a "tee" as it is nicely spread out over rolling countryside.
1 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.