0 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: Very well maintained
Cons: Very short
Other Thoughts: You need to take this course for what it is. It's a very short pitch and putt type course that serves as an excellent warm up for the 18 hole course in the park. This course would also be very good for children or beginners.
0 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 6 Not
B- = Bery Bery Nice 9-Holer
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up:
1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == C
2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B-
3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B-
4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B+
5) Bonus points for multi-shot holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A
Other Thoughts: It's all about feeding the addiction, so I ranked this course subjectively based on my own "personal addiction factor". The grades above tell how well the course will draw me back to itself again and again and again. Since I have played a decent number of courses (125 18-hole, 64 9-hole as of mid 2009), my hope is that players/explorers who have similar addiction tastes will find my ratings list helpful as they choose courses to play and explore.
Over time, I expect to fill some of my reviews in with more descriptive verbiage…if what I can add anything to what has already been written. For now, my list is more important to me than the verbiage of my reviews.
I fully expect others with different tastes/philosophies to disagree with me….that's the fun of things here. See my profile for my rating philosophy.
2 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Great park, awesome property avaerage disc golf course
11 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1) Nice baskets and a #'d post at each tee for easy navigation.
2) This park looks like it is extremely well maintained. It has all sorts of facilities, lots of open land, and this nice 9 hole disc golf course.
3) Tees and fairway are in average to good condition. There is grass on most of them and not a whole lot of exposed dirt around, probably from minimal use.
4) They use the rolling terrain well with a couple shots over crests of hills, up one hole and downhill on two holes.
5) Very beginner friendly, but with a little challenge to keep the beginner learning. It isn't just get up and throw 2's on every holes, but the openness allows for some errant shots without punishing shule (hey I think thats the first time I used the word SHULE in one of my reviews).
5) Course was very dry which is a little surprising because of being along the Fox River as well as the lower 5 holes being dead flat, and being below a fairly big slope.
Cons: 1) Too easy and too short course. Don't pay attention to the 420 on the 4th tee post, its only 280. you should not make a bogey unless you have an errant tee shot on #9. I happened to make a double on one of my rounds because i got stuck in the woods on #9.
2) The potential for the course is there, but they just didn't use the property to its fullest capacity. There is so much potential for better basket locations. I would love to set up a temp course here finding better spots for temp baskets because the property is awesome.
3) Stagnant Fox River water on the lower portion of the course (Holes 4-9 teebox) could be disastrously buggy. I was there before the bugs have come out, but it looks like it could be irritating.
Other Thoughts: I think the property has so much more potential for disc golf too. It looks like they could run some more holes ont he property and they could also tuck some of these basket closer to woods or let the rough grow up in season to have another hazard. All of the holes are fairly wide open, allowing for just about any type of shot you want to throw. I think they could find some tougher locations for some of the baskets.
I would say this course is worth a trip if you aren't too far to the area. It was the 2nd course on my 3rd 5 course trip, and although it is in the middle of nowhere, you can make a day out of it with other courses within 20-15 miles.
11 of 11 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 5 Not
Short but Sweet
Pros: A great little pitch and putt. Good use of elevation.
Cons: Gets a little congested through the middle.
Other Thoughts: Bring bug spray in the summer
2 of 7 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.