Logansport, IN
France Park Share
Uploaded By: JenniferB   (Taken 4/2010)

1 2 Next >
 Probably not for beginners

1    5/30/2009   6/1/2009
Review By: hoosierfanatic
Pros: Great scenery. Lots of unique holes. Pro and amature tees available.
Cons: Many holes are probably too tough for beginners. Dirt/grass tee pads. Course not well marked.
Other Thoughts: After playing fairly well at my local course a couple of times, my wife and I decided to try out the France Park course on a camping trip that we took recently. We quickly learned that we have a lot of work to do before we're anywhere close to good at this game.

I gave the course a "4" because I really think it probably is a great course- just very frustrating for beginners. The first two holes and the last five holes were flat and fairly wide open, which was a lot of fun. Holes 3 through 13, however, are played in a thick woods with many tight fairways and lots of elevation changes. We spent a lot of time looking for discs until we finally developed a system of spotting for each other's tee shots.

The course really is beautiful. The walk to the first tee takes you over a creek and right past the France Park waterfall. The course iteself is laid out on a combinations of a well-manicured flatland and a beautiful wooded area. The course could definitely benefit from some concrete tee pads and more signage on the course directing you from hole to hole. Be sure to pick up a course map at the gate house before starting. We would've been lost without ours.

We don't expect to play this course anytime soon, but that's not meant to be a knock on the course. We just need to work on our game a lot before we venture out to a course this difficult.

Wowzers!!! Awesome course!

1    5/17/2009   5/18/2009
Review By: mmyersdisc
Pros: WOW! This course is an amazing example of some great land! Great 24 hole course with steep inclines, declines, and flat open shots with defined fairways with about 2ft rough all around which will eat an errant throw in a minute. This course is fairly easy from the white tee's and provides some difficulty from the Orange tee's. This course has a little to offer everyone and doesn't favor righty, or lefty and has a great mix of shots! The thick woods provide an amazing need for some finesse along with accuracy. You can easily turn a easy par 3 hole into a double bogey just from the trees gaurding the fairway or the basket.
Cons: Does flood. During the tournament we had about 4 holes under water along with the "open" holes being quite sloppy to walk on. Dirt tee pads + water = slippery!!! Try to go later in the day when the dew on the grass is dried up and you don't have to worry about slipping around on the teepads.
Other Thoughts: This course is an AMAZING use of its land. It has a beatiful waterfall that you walk over to get to the disc golf course. The variety of shots will for sure make you interested in wanting to play it more then once! Tomahawks, Thumbers, Forehand, Backhand, you name it there is a hole for it.

Up, Down, Over, and Around

1    3/13/2009   3/13/2009
Review By: zud00
This review was updated on 6/14/2010
Pros: Mix of holes in the open and wooded, elevated tee shots, de-elevatated tee shots, great fairways in the woods and in the open, alternate pin locations, great navigation signs, alternate tees, trash cans at many holes, an extra 6 holes available as fillers, very nice baskets, beautiful waterfall when walking to first tee.
Cons: Natural/gravel tees, tee signs were not at every tee, and those that were in place were not in very good shape.
Other Thoughts: First, let me begin by telling you where the disc golf course is as I had trouble locating it since nobody was at the gate. When entering the park and after proceeding through the gate, take a right and follow the road around a curve to the left. There is a small parking area on the right side with two walking bridges crossing the stream. Park in this parking lot and then walk over the bridge to get to the first tee.

The first two holes were in the open area and then play proceeded in the woods. The amount of variety that this course offers is extroidinary. The holes in the woods had beautiful fairways, some wide, some narrow. The length of the holes varies as well.

The title of my review says it best. For instance, on one hole I threw from the top of a large hill, the very next hole I threw up another hill. Then down, then up, then around, and one hole I had to throw my drive over a ridge.

The hills will really make your legs tired as they are long and steep. I saw a deer prancing through the woods as I was playing, the woodly environment is awesome.

The last 5 holes are out in the open and you can really let a bomb off; a great way to finish the course after the technical holes in my opionion.
If this course had concrete tees and better signage, I would definitley rate it a 4.5 or 5. The course design is excellent and I can't wait to go back.

1 2 Next >