Columbus, OH
Blendon Woods Metro Park Share
Uploaded By: A.Mutt Hole #7 (Taken 4/2009)
3 / --   3 / 179ft.   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

The rape of Blendon....

5+    9/30/2012   9/30/2012
Review By: Puckstopper
This review was updated on 4/29/2014
Pros: Well maintained short course
Great place to practice short game
easy to find discs
Easy to follow, well planned layout.
Cons: If this course were not 5 minutes from my house I'd never play it.

Many trees being removed. Not only does this eliminate a lot of the challenge on this course, but removes much of the privacy and protection between the front 9 holes.

Short, short short. No real chance to stretch your arm. Leave anything longer than a fairway driver at home.

Tons of chuckers and one disc wonders. If you go on a nice day, expect to find a large group slowing traffic and not letting people through. I've run into this issue 3 times in the last two weeks, and now just play elsewere.
Other Thoughts: Third Edit: Still more trees are being removed. This will be an open field with baskets about 200' apart if they keep this up. My rating on this course has dropped from a 3.5 originally to a 2 now due to the lack of challenge. Chuckers, one disc wonders, and herd golfers remain a major issue.

Second edit: They really need to hire someone to collect money for the course. Currently it's over-run with people who have no idea of basic etiquette.

Edit: I am absolutely heartbroken at the way they are scalping this course. Many trees are being removed, either due to storm damage or Emerald Ash Borer, and the course is quickly becoming too easy to bother playing.

Setting aside the fact that there are better free courses in the area, Blendon is a nice place for a quick, enjoyable round. I learned to play years ago on a long field course, and after an 8 year layoff Blendon is the second course I've played. As I'm rediscovering my game I've gone from shooting 8 over pro par to a 3 under today, so I've outgrown the course quickly. On the other hand, the tight, low fairways are a great way to practice precision and work on different types of shots that other courses only require once in a while. To me playing Blendon is like going to the driving range with only my wedges. It's a great way to work on an aspect of my game that might otherwise get neglected.

1    5/24/2007   8/27/2008
Review By: Behace
Pros: This course is very well maintained. It also will give you great work on your midrange and short game.
Cons: It is a very short course. The pins are surrounded by concrete so if you are playing with discs that dont take damage well it can be a pain.
Other Thoughts: This course is decent. While some people count the pay-to-play against it the money is obviously spent to keep the course in great condition. If you are just trying to pad your number of aces, which is stupid, this is a nice course for you. If you want work on short and midrange game this is a good course for you. However if you are looking for some longer holes I would skip this course.