Columbus, OH
Hole H Tee Sign

A little overrated

2-4    7/14/2012   7/24/2012
Review By: danthehammer
Pros: -Good signs
-Not overly crowded
-Multiple pins
-Multiple places to park
-27 holes (if all are open)
Cons: -Several holes are wide open and straight and the only challenge is length
-Holes 10-14 on the back 9 have been closed for a year as of now
-Several holes are beside roadways that usually have pedestrians
Other Thoughts: I haven't actually played the back 9 here, so I probably shouldn't be writing a review yet, but the fact that 5 holes of the back 9 have been closed for a year now is part of why I wanted to write a review. Many of the holes on this course feel uninspired to me, with little obstacles. Most of the front nine is in a wide open field with few elevation changes after the first two holes. On one hole (I think it's 6) the pin is on a pyramid like structure for some reason, I have no idea why, but it annoys me. The Alpha 9 does offer a few wooded holes that are very narrow and have sharp bends, but once it gets back into the fields the holes are a little to straight forward for my tastes. Personally I prefer courses that are more heavily wooded, but if your are player that prefers long open holes this may be the course for you.