Plain City, OH
Glacier Ridge Metro Park Share
Hole #9 Red Tee

Perfect example of great course design by Parks and Rec!

5+    2/29/2016   2/29/2016
Review By: Mulligan
Pros: I'll start right off saying I'm a bit biased in my review as I see this course as really well designed for the land use involved, and so I give it an extra half a star rating over previous high rankings because I think it earned it. It has wormed its way into my top local favorites and that alone deserves a decent bump.
-First element to touch on is great tee pads, two positions on pretty much every hole, and in positions that in several cases are not just a longer straighter version of the shorter tee. (#7 is a great example of this)
-The transition from heavily wooded, to open (but clearly defined and mowed) fairways in high brush, and back again is genius.
-I love the use of topographic detail and trees here. There are some cleverly integrated elements to this course that make most of the holes challenging and interesting.
-Its amazing how just a tree or two has been used as a guardian/shot shaping element on multiple holes in the open field portion that really adds difficulty.
-Where there isn't an old gnarled tree to add difficulty out in the field, new trees have been planted! Every new course should take this into consideration.
-Rolling hills also make for a few semi elevated tees or elevated greens and #7s grove of trees is super tough.
-There are also a few small bogs/ponds/creeks in the open area that need to be considered, so water does come into play at different times of the year.
-Its true there are few straight shot situations that might bore a few, but the thing is that during most of the season you DO NOT want to end up in the tall grass so it requires pinpoint placement. Not only are there ticks to contend with, but good luck finding your disc buried in there. I've found several discs in the high grass from other players myself.
-I really like the woods shots, and feel like that last few might be my favorite. 17 (from the shorts) is a great place to work on thumbers, and 18 is a must RHFH.
Cons: -Its way off the highway out in an affluent and remote area of Dublin. Its a pain to get to it and that sucks.
Other Thoughts: -I don't have a huge arm, so always play this from the shorts. I feel like the shots from there ARE more fun anyway, so maybe long arms won't actually like this course, but I doubt it.
-I think this course is on par with Simsbury, Hambick, The Players DGC, and Holton in terms of intelligent course design within the boundaries of the space involved. I'd go so far as to say it beats out the first two for what it had to work with and sits square in the middle.
-BE AWARE that the pics for this course are loaded a little screwy. Looks like you are looking at the shot and THEN the tee for most of the pic sequences. Keep this in mind. Again #7 is a good example to check out to see what I mean.

Great Course

5+    5/25/2013   6/10/2013
Review By: EvCal10
Pros: This is a very fun course for all ages with two tee pads per hole for adults and kids. Every time I've played it it has been very well maintained with regularly cut fairways and clear paths from hole to hole. The tee-to-hole diagrams are very accurate and the course is literally right in my grandparents backyard. Also, there is little to no traffic or waiting to throw.
Cons: There is a lot of tall grass on some of the holes resulting in narrower fairways and many ticks so long pants recommended. In some of the more wooded holes there is some poison ivy so once again you should wear long pants.

Nice!

1    8/13/2011   8/13/2011
Review By: Foofoohead
Pros: Very good cement tee pads.
Good hole diagrams at each tee.
Excellent direction between holes.
Fairway grass well maintained.
Gravel path thru wooded holes.
Good mix of woods and open holes.
Pro and amature tee pads.
Cons: No real water holes on the layout.
Flat very little elevation change.
Other Thoughts: This is a great course!
Very well maintained.
High rough, but your not suppose to be in it!
Great flow from hole to hole.