Davison, MI
Goldenrod DGC Share
Uploaded By: DirtyMittenDG Hole #7 (Taken 4/2009)

Goldenrod

1    7/10/2004   7/10/2010
Review By: mcnal1sp
Pros: The course will definitely help you hone your skills, as you will need to be at your best to make it through the fairways unscathed.
Cons: This is a very hard course, with lots of trees, blind water hazards, and tons of mosquitoes! Be prepared to lose a few discs.
Other Thoughts: I've only played this course once, and it was quite a few years ago. The guy I played with lost three discs to bushes and water.

fun course i'll never play again

1    8/1/2009   8/11/2009
Review By: bigjohnd24
Pros: This course is very challenging, with wooded fairways, open hyzers/anhyzers, and water on about half of the holes. The design sends you in 2 loops: front 9 and back 9, which would be great for quick rounds. You need to keep your drives honest, otherwise the woods or water will eat up your bag. One of the more intriguing course layouts and design that I have seen.
Cons: BUGS!!! I cannot stress that enough! We had to leave 3 holes in to go get spray, and they still destroyed us. This took away a lot from this course, due to the distraction and sheer rage they gave me.

This course really needs better mapping. We got lost from 5-6-7 and getting to 12 was way out of the way. It would also be great to know where the water is on most holes, cuz you shoot blind into 'phantom' ponds that swallow discs out of nowhere. Also, the tee pads are rubber mats that are slippery and ripped apart. By about hole 13, I was really done caring.
Other Thoughts: I honestly feel bad giving this course a 2.5, but the mosquitoes and no knowledge of water on some holes really made it the worst disc golf experience I've ever had. My buddy and I liked how everything was set up, but both said it's not worth the drive.

I suppose if you go covered in DEET and have a guide who has played here several times, it would be great playing.