Gonzales, TX
Gonzales DGC Share
Uploaded By: Bevo Hole #3 (Taken 4/2009)

Gonzo Gonzales

2-4    3/28/2012   3/28/2012
Review By: bogeymanjr
Pros: This was the second course I ever played when I started playing disc golf and I thought at the time it was awesome. Some interesting challenge holes here. Interesting basket placements as well as some fine ace and birdie opportunities. The two long holes, 9 and 16 will challenge the best disc golfer as far as drives and getting around the various trees that are in the fairway. The signature hole on 18 that is by the historic bridge includes a toss across the creek that runs in the park. Some great challenges as well as good concrete tees that are grooved for what I presume is good for foot grip in wet weather.
Cons: Unfortunately, this course has been let go for so long that currently it is barely playable. Weeds permeate the course. A golfer has to look closely where the disc is thrown due to a disc being buried in weeds. I lost a CFR Champion Archangel on hole 9 due to this very problem. I looked for an hour and still couldn't find it. Basket on hole 11 is still not there. No trash cans and no restrooms.
Other Thoughts: This, to me, is still an awesome course. And could be again when they do a complete mowing of the park. I am afraid they are going to need a hay baler due to the length of the weeds in some places. Mow and replace the basket for hole 11 and this course could be tournament-ready. Great design. Kudos to John Houck.

5+    5/18/2009   5/18/2009
Review By: thomp23
Pros: I like the fact that its an 18 hole course. The concrete T-pads are great to throw from. Trees scatter out all over the course which can make for some heavy thinking before throwing.
Cons: I can't think of many cons except they placed some more trees on some holes. The course was hard enough as it was but now I think they over did themselves.