Shreveport, LA
Clyde Fant DGC Share
Uploaded By: aillet Hole #11 (Taken 8/2008)

Good for beginners.

1    8/14/2011   8/17/2011
Review By: sgb118
Pros: This one is very beginner friendly. The course is very open, and the trees and hills wouldn't add very much challenge for noobies. The tee pads were nice. Signage was somewhat helpful, although you can see every basket from the tee. The course was very well laid out, given the limited space (the median of a highway), and the highway was never an issue during play.
Cons: There are a ton of switchbacks in this course, which could have been confusing at times, if we hadn't been playing with a very friendly local. If the park were crowded, I could see this course being pretty difficult to play. There are walking paths that wind through play, as well as the possibility of other groups' discs entering your fairway. (Of course this isn't a problem when the park isn't busy.) There were no on-site bathrooms and few trashcans.
Other Thoughts: We played it during the hottest part of the day, but a friendly local told us about the night play that goes on here. Would have been fun to tee off at night, but had to keep driving. He also told us about a storm that passed through, which took out a lot of the trees in the park. Lots of stumps can be seen through the round, so there is lots less shade. Bring water if you play it in the summer; it was pretty steamy out there. There is a nine hole course through a tunnel under the west highway, and the local we played with told us that they occasionally add another nine on the east side of the highway for tournaments.

Wish I'd played 12 hours later

1    7/1/2010   7/9/2010
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Clyde Fant is a solid course in a well maintained city park. Each hole had a concrete tee, a sign, and basket in satisfactory condition. Holes are lengthy enough to make accuracy important, and a few young trees will add character as they grow in.
Cons: A few of the transitions between holes were not easy to follow. Sort of boring as far as shot selection was concerned. The course was open enough that the same tee shot would work for the majority of the holes. I parked near the west nine, and thought they were part of this course, until I found the tunnel under the highway.
Other Thoughts: I would have liked to play at night, just because I have never played under the lights. It may make the course more fun. However, I probably would not have been able to find all of the holes if I had played my first round there in the dark. Perhaps someday I will, but next time I travel through Shreveport I'm exploring the other parks in the area.

solid, old school

1    3/26/2004   11/15/2009
Review By: tallpaul
Pros: lights, of course, though we played most holes in daylight; last, in twilight
cement tees
27 holes
some interesting mandos; and some fairly tight lines for me, playing forehand, which I didn't do much in those days. I was off enough that I flirted with the big fence line to the left of some pins.
tunnel walk to extra nine; kind of cool too
Cons: pretty old school, nothing special, but worth a stop....especially for night play.....I almost want to give it a 3.5 for having more than 18 holes and lights....but the course is just not that special. You couldn't beat it as a night round on a trip though.....
Other Thoughts: This was installed in 1984. Good distance, for those days. Still not bad; nearly 6,000 feet. Lights and 27 holes, and....I found the course's placement, between main roads, unique. Wanted to post a review to declare that I played this one with 3 broken bones in my ankle; forehand, in order to get a course in Louisiana. I earn nearly a 5 rating for my personal behavior/ disc addiction. And, I had a few deuces.

Great fun

1    11/13/2009   11/14/2009
Review By: chalos13
Pros: Played at night, great course, well lit. Didn't see any trash cans, but also didn't see any trash, the park was very clean. This is a fun course, it's a lot of open shots. The holes aren't very long, but a couple had good distance. There are a few mandos that add a level of difficulty. None of the baskets seemed to be spitting my discs back out. I enjoyed this course, but it's more fun than challenging. If you're a pro, you will probably be bored.
Cons: This course was a little confusing. Apparently there was a storm a while back and they moved many of the holes to increase difficulty. This means may signs are wrong and the maps on the signs are a little vague. Also you zig zag around the park a lot! Fortunately i had a guide, otherwise I would have been out there for at least an hour longer figuring the tees and baskets out.
Other Thoughts: Lots of activity at night, people street racing up and down the road, the parking lot was full of high schoolers. Thanks to Shaun and Cece for guiding me and my girlfriend. I like this park, but I prefer a fun park for the first time out. If I was local i can see this course getting boring though.

Clyde Fant

5+    6/30/2008   7/13/2007
Review By: magictenor1
This review was updated on 5/21/2009
Pros: Lit for night play. Excellent for hot summer days and after work. Concrete tee pads. the park itself is beautiful with lots of trees.
Cons: Not very well marked. There is not a lot of terrain variation. No signature holes.No bathrooms or other facilities.
Other Thoughts: I would play there again. The night play is it's best feature. the course is in a median of a divided road and the lights are not specifically for the course.