Norwalk, OH
Great Blue Heron Share
Uploaded By: Brall Hole #2 (Taken 4/2011)

needs work

1    8/3/2013   8/3/2013
Review By: Daubers
Pros: nice layouts on some holes and definite potential of being a nice course
Cons: VERY poor navigation.
Tee signs missing
poor flow of course
holes miss marked
map at course is incorrect
Other Thoughts: Many holes had nice layouts but just attempting to find them really took away from it. Several are such a guessing game, and when you do find the tee it can be difficult to know what basket your throwing at, especially the ones missing tee signs or have miss marked holes. Several holes are gone due to the tornado, and that is understandable but just the general flow of the course needs some work. Maybe I am spoiled with my home course being world class, but I think a little extra effort could make GBH into a nice course.

Where do we go??? What hole is this??

2-4    6/10/2012   6/12/2012
Review By: chris deitzel
Pros: Front 9 is really nice. Nice views, some good holes. Nice shots with water in play.
Cons: So judging by reviews this course has been impossible to navigate since 2008!! COME ON GUYS. Get some new tee signs with hole numbers. I played a tournament here a few years ago and it was the worst PDGA event that I ever played. But I decided to come back this week and once again was frustrated. What the heck is going on with the local club here?

No numbers on any of the tee signs.

RULE #1 of Disc Golf - YOU DO NOT HAVE A COURSE UNTIL YOU HAVE TEE SIGNS WITH NUMBERS

Very hard to navigate. front 9 not so bad, but the back 9 is almost impossible to figure out. I quit after 12 when I came across a bunch of tee signs and baskets and had no idea where to go. And some of the holes that used to be there, were no longer there.
Other Thoughts: This could be one of the best courses in Ohio. Wish whoever designed this would get their head out of their A@@ and make this what it should be. The last shot over the water is cool, but the walk around is ridiculous. So many problems here. If you need help redesigning it, give me a call. You could have something great. Instead you just have a very frustrating course that will turn away anybody playing it for the first time.

Not worth the time

1    8/29/2009   8/29/2009
Review By: th1sjust1n
This review was updated on 8/30/2009
Pros: +Strong technical play
+Park is very nice and scenic
+Water in play on several holes
+Local players are very nice and helpful
+Many holes have concrete teepads
Cons: --Course layout is horrid !!
--No tee signs to speak of !!
-Course is not maintained well compared to other courses
-Holes with natural tees dont even have a front marker
-Additional holes 19-21 are pointless
-Inconsistent basket types
-Many blind holes and at least two 'throw and pray' holes
-No trash cans on course
Other Thoughts: I took a chance on this course on my way home from a Lake Erie trip. I should have just kept on driving.

I'll start by saying that if you don't have a course map you are SCREWED playing here if new to the course. This does however bring me to one of the positives I noted. After driving around for 10 minutes trying to figure out where #1 was my wife and I stopped to talk with 3 local guys on the course. They were very helpful and took the time to give us the basic layout and general course knowledge. Without them I might have left by hole 5 or 6. Props to the local DG'ers!

The whole course layout is just terrible. If you combine the fact that there are no signs at all with the pin-to-tee layout...it's just worthless. If you are new to the course and don't have a map it, forget it. The info board at hole #1 had no maps to take (understandable) but also didn't have a larger map posted on the board. It's total guesswork.

Blind holes on a course that has no map posted, no signs with hole layout, not even a distance marker...it just stinks. There were actually paper plates stapled to posts at some of the tees with the hole number and distance. Is that what they do for tournaments?!? I don't know how you even play a tournament here.

Hole #11 and #12 are 'throw and pray' holes. 11 more so than 12 but I don't know how anyone does anything but just toss and pray the disc makes it in the vicinity of the basket.

The whole dang place is just confusing and so hard to navigate. Some of the tees you can stand there and possibly throw at 2-3 different pins. After hole #13 it was a crap shoot figuring out where to throw and where to go for the next tee. Actually, most of the course was like that.

There are just several important things about this course that needs to be addressed ASAP. Get tee signs up!!! Please, please, please! If there were signs with hole layout, distance, and next tee direction that would go a LONG way to making things better. IMO they should just get rid of 19-21. With all the other things that could be done to the course those extra holes do absolutely nothing for it. Take #21 for example. What the heck!?! You have to throw across water (which is cool) but then in order to get to the basket you have to take a 10 minute walk to get to the basket area!! Seriously!? Forget the extra stuff and focus on the core course 18. Get concrete pads installed or at least a marked tee box on all the holes. Put a large map up on the info board at hole #1.

I feel like I'm ranting on and on but we just did not have any fun at this course. For me it was a struggle. I figure that if you're a local player and know the course well then some of my complaints might be null but that just doesn't cut it. This is by far the worst course I've played to date. It does however have some good things going for it but some things that I consider basic DG course elements are missing.