9 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Plenty of parking with a pavilion, tables and playground
- There is a billboard with a scorecard holder but it is blank
- The map is very accurate except for holes #12 & #13 which are currently being moved (04-30-11)
- There are multiple tees on about half the holes but the short tees can be hard to find
- Pro tee pads are in great condition and most of them are large and concrete. The concrete tee pads are just FANTASTIC!!
- Very nice tee signs with posts and hooks to hang your bag
- Baskets are in great condition and most are marked
- The flow is a bit jerky for the first 7 holes but hole #1 & #21 do start/end at the parking lot
- Excellent scenery. Great rolling landscape. The rows of trees by holes #14 & #20 are just amazing!
- Very nice mix of shots required here. Shots run left & right & over rough. There are some blind shots, tunnel shots and open shots. This course can play differently every time you come.
- Distance and elevation make this course challenging. There are five holes over 500' combined with five holes below 300'. There are 4 holes that play over or right at water.
- Bathrooms are located between hole #1 & #2
- There are trashcans at the parking lot and the park is very clean and well kept. Could use a few more trashcans though throughout the course.
- Very little vandalism. A few tee signs are dinged up is all.
- There are a few benches
Cons: - No numbers on most tee signs. Due to the somewhat jerky flow of the course, it would be very difficult to navigate your first time without a map.
- Am tees are not marked well at all
- More next tee signs would be helpful
- Heavy traffic. You will have to stop often to let cars and walkers pass by. Be patient.
Other Thoughts: - Fantastic course overall. Beautiful and very challenging. Bring the family for a picnic and then hit the course with your friends.
- Unfortunately there are no other courses nearby and the course is itself is in a remote location away from highways.
- There was some major confusion on 04-30-11 on holes #12 & #13. The holes, tee signs & map did not match. I did not count this against the course because I think this is due to a downed tree for #13's hanging basket.
- The most challenging hole is without a doubt hole #21. It takes a 310' throw just to get over the water from the pro tee and there can be some heavy wind off the wide open water.
- Hard to choose a favorite hole. This course is loaded with signature holes! #2 is a nice wide open hole with the challenge of water to the left. #5 goes out over the water with a fade back in to land. #3 is a blind shot that ends with a basket in an alcove of the trees. #14 & #20 are in one of the most beautiful tree groves I've seen. #19 is an extremely creative short hole with multiple mando conditions to meet and a drop zone.
- If the cons are ever fixed on this course, it could bring in a 4.5 star rating.
- This is a destination course. Worth trip and bring the family.
9 of 10 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: -Holes are challenging and the layout since the tounament has improved it immensely.
-Tees are excellent
-Course is championship level, and offers beautiful vistas.
Cons: -The reason it did not recieve a 4* from me is because even though they put in signs, most do not have the hole numbers. 21 and 22 are not well marked and was not able to play them.
-Map a REQUIREMENT if you are a casual player!
-Hole 12 does not have a sign from the concrete tee and was so long that it made it very hard to play without the knowledge of the pin position.
-Lots of water for beginners, be prepared to bring a disc you are willing to part with.
3 of 5 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: -scenic vistas everywhere you look
-tee-pads are the best i've ever seen
-hanging basket is classic sweetness
-warm inviting park with bathrooms and playground
-tunnel shots and open shots sometimes making you decide which way to throw it
-wooded but grass fairways
-great pin positions
-locals were nice, helped me find a disc
-first couple tees have seating, most tees have hooks to hang your bag
-some of these holes could really be on a magazine cover, 2 or 3 "signature" holes here, 21 and 14 come to mind
Cons: -no signs - layout,distances or numbers
-some vandalism written on posts
-first time playing you will see a lot of baskets and tees, unable to find correct tee
-minimal elevation changes
-blind shot on either 3 or 4 - safety hazard
-no next tee signs or practice basket
-park gets high traffic - people and cars
-no other courses nearby
-hole 21 (pro tee) has long walk around a lake after shot, unless your in the water and then you probably just walk to your car trying to get over the loss of your favorite longest driver.
Other Thoughts: overall, with a little work and time, this course could be top notch. signs should be a high priority for this disc golf course. honestly if this course had hole numbers on the baskets and distances it would get 4 stars by me
Played this course again for the "2010 Fire in the Sky" tourny, they now have new, full color signs at every teepad with pro/am distances, map of hole, alt. pin locations, and par.
I increased my rating to a four, as i said i would if they got signs.
some side notes: Course actually has 23 holes (not sure if this is tourny only, 2 of the holes are not on the map). Navigating this course is still a challenge (needs next tee signs at each basket), 2 baskets are crappy (no big issue tho) and not all the holes have cement teepads (although most do).
Truely is a "GREAT" course.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 2 Not
This layout rocks!
Pros: Awesome course layout, plenty of trees, water and scenic vistas. We arrived late in the day and had to play fast to finish before dark. Will make the trip again to take our time and enjoy. Course was not busy on our day, but looks like it gets plenty of traffic. Don't hesitate to stop by to play this one!
Cons: Lack of tee signs did hamper our outing, but with a map most should have no problem figuring it out.
Other Thoughts: Water level in reservoir was way low, I imagine water would be more of a hazard at higher levels, but we didn't lose any discs.
3 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.