Norman, OK
Griffin Park Share
Uploaded By: Heathen Hole #7 (Taken 4/2009)

Great Tourney Course

5+    9/5/2013   9/16/2013
Review By: rd.bittle
Pros: Amenities:
Dual Tees on almost every hole.
Concrete tees for Longs (Gold)
Good Baskets
Practice Basket near entrance
Some Teesigns
Baskets marked for next tee (tape on basket)
Plenty of benches/trashcans

Hole Variety
Some right/left/straight
Some open/technical/tight
Some up/down/flat
Awesome risk/reward on most holes

Feel:
A great course to test your skill set.
Some chances to Bomb and great to work on line-shaping.
Good for intermediate to Advanced/Pro
Very challenging almost frustrating

Favorite Hole(s): #13 red, #13 gold
This hole is very fun and totally different from each tee. Both are challenging and will make you play smart.

Cons: Dirt Tees on shorts (Red)
Few real, useful Teesigns
Several holes feel repetetive in the middle of the round
Dog Park next door (some people think the course is leash-free also.)
Trash not rare enough (C'mon people use the trashcan, there's one at the next tee.)
Could use navigational aids
Looooong walk from 18 to the Gate/parking
Other Thoughts: Overall, this course makes for a round of challenge, triumph, and frustration. Is set up well for Tourneys and will cause great scoring differences. Good to take a group to.

Its just missing something. This is a hard course to review for me. I base my "disc rating" heavily on fun factor and this course falls a little short of what it could be. Still a great course to play, but if I'm playing by myself, I will go to one of the more "fun" courses in the area. If I'm looking to challenge myself or see how I play against others in my group, we'll come here. I'll have fun in spite of the course instead of because of the course.

If you want the oppurtunity to play one of the most challenging courses in OK, swing by or make this trip. Make a full day of it and play the other Norman courses along with Noble for some serious DG Fun.

PM me and let me know how my reviews can be "more helpful."

Griffin - Too Narrow and Thick

3/11/2008   3/11/2008
Review By: DG_Wizard
This review was updated on 3/14/2008
Pros: This is a convenient place to play. It is a challenging course, and has adequate facilities (trash cans, benches, bathrooms, etc.) It has a nice flow, and the holes are out of the way of joggers, etc. Most of the time there is a copy of the course map at the entrance. Concrete tee pads and signs are nice.
Cons: This course is long. #2 is about 800+ feet. It is also extremely thick in summer months. It is very easy to lose discs. Some fairways are too narrow in very wooded areas in my opinion. I also don't like the fact that there seem to be a group of vandals that like to come out and trash the baskets. They have been known to be bent, covered in graffiti, missing chains or tops, or even dug up completely. I know of a couple that have been replaced several times. If you aren't going to play, at least don't ruin it for the rest of us! Some parallel fairways are too close together.
Other Thoughts: I like this course, and I play it occaisionally for a change of scenery. I like Lion's Park better, which is practically across the street. Entrance to the Griffin DGC is right next to the fenced in dog park.