Ozark, MO
Grubaugh Park Share
Uploaded By: birdman101 Hole #1 (Taken 1/2011)
3 / 240ft.   3 / --   3 / --   3 / -- Par / Distance:

Rare Treat

1    1/24/2013   12/19/2013
Review By: idahooldguy
Pros: Best navigation of any course I've ever played! (see "Other Thoughts" below)
Crushed rock at the base of all baskets to cut down on mud.
Lots of elevation change.
Most holes are short to medium in length, which is what I prefer because I am a finesse player.
Beautiful park with nice grass.
SW Missouri is beautiful country.
Cons: Could use more long holes for some par 4's and 5's.

A little hard to find the course. I had to ask a local for directions because the Google Maps directions were not accurate.
Other Thoughts: Very nice course. The rolling terrain of SW Missouri suits this course well. There are some challenging tree obstacles including the massive "Hand of God" tree on #12. Most holes are short to medium in length with only a couple of long open holes where you can cut loose a bomb. The long chuckers probably will get a little frustrated, but I loved it because I prefer shorter and more technical holes. Every basket had a small metal plate welded to it that pointed you to the next tee. This was awesome for a first timer like me. Every course should have these!
I'm from Idaho, so playing here was a rare privilege. I doubt I'll ever get to play it again, bummer! For any northwest residents reading this, it reminded me of Sunnyside Park in Pullman, WA. I also got to meet the course designer while playing. Overall, it was a great experience. Definitely make plans to play here if you're in the area!

My favorite birdie course

5+    11/16/2013   12/11/2013
Review By: euclidbr549
Pros: Beautifully maintained, quality teepads and baskets, nice use of elevation and obstacles. Nice shot selection. Wonderful challenge to get those 2's on windy days.
Cons: Not a particularly difficult course. Every 3 feels like a disappointment.

Tournaments would be hampered by interference between golfers on adjacent holes.
Other Thoughts: Great course for new players or casual players. I love to take my wife and preteen son to play the course.

My favorite!

1    10/8/2013   10/15/2013
Review By: Tribefan
Pros: Lots of roughage to keep you on your toes. 2-3 open tees to let some fly. Feels like a real golf course with huge hills and some minor valleys.
Cons: Im not a fan of the raised tees.
Other Thoughts: This is simply an amazing course that uses obstacles to the advantage. It is a beautiful park and well taken care of. Lots of fun, a must!

Good, but way overrated on this site...

1    1/8/2013   1/8/2013
Review By: jayhawker737
Pros: This course is set in a very pretty park. The neighborhood is good, and I feel I would be willing to play by myself at anytime of the day. The use of elevation here is great. It is not as elevated as some make it out to be, but you do have to be wary of roll-aways near the baskets. This is a great park for people in the process of learning the game as only 2 holes didnt require a mid-range or an ultra-slow fairway driver. The holes are positioned well enough to make a lot of the trees interesting to play around. This course also flows very logically for the most part. Best of all I met a nice local who was willing to play the round with me and show me the course.
Cons: The first main con isn't of the course itself, its of the rating on here. How can a course that averages 240 feet have 2 ratings of a 4.5 and one of a 5.0 (not to mention the multips 4.0 ratings). Those are meant for the best courses in the world. It made me want to make my rating lower to average this out. There is no way this course is over a 3.2. Anyways, that being said, a main con is the lack of distance. I only needed a disc faster than a speed 6 on two holes. Those two holes seemed forced and unlike the rest of the course. There were a couple spots where I would not have known exactly where to go after completing a hole.
Other Thoughts: Once again the people who rated this a 4.5/5 and a perfect 5/5 (and even a 4) are honestly out of their minds. Normally I don't get negative like this in my reviews, but its unfortunate they did that because now this course will never have the proper rating. This was a very interesting and fun layout, but the lack of distance and overall variety makes this a 3.2 for me, which rounds to a 3 (especially because two certain individuals over-rating it). Fun course!

Great Course

5+    8/23/2012   10/26/2012
Review By: flick
Pros: Great course, with hills,a good layout,plenty of space, and some tricky holes.
Cons: Not enough woods for my taste, but there is some.
Other Thoughts: A very fun course to play. One of the best in the area for sure. If you're close by it is worth the time to check out.

Best in Spf area

5+    8/5/2012   10/1/2012
Review By: Bigben932
Pros: Concrete tees, Well marked, little traffic, quiet.All around the best course I have played. No uphill shot, Which is a pro for me, could be a con for others who like those shots.
Cons: the big hill can destroy you round if it rolls down.
Sometimes pedestrians on the walk way don't understand that you are trying to play a sport and are sometime inconsiderate.
Other Thoughts: Look for the road with the water tower on it. The road to the course kind of looks like a drive way and I have to do a U-turn every time I go to it. Ha..

1    5/25/2012   6/27/2012
Review By: TheGoldenPutter
This review was updated on 9/4/2012
Pros: + Maintenance - Grass cut, trees well kept. (Nice large trees)

+ Elevation - Nice elevation, especially on putting greens that make putts risky.

+ Different looks from some tee shots ( under, over, left, right)

+ Concrete tee pads
+ Practice basket by #1
+ No underbrush for an easy round
+ Navigation is easy enough
+ Bathrooms in the pool house right by parking.
Cons: - Short and scrunched - not aired out at all..

- Interference - Some holes run very close to each other. #8's fairway is right over #10's pin, (so when I played here I shot for 10's pin from 8's tee) #15 and #16 literally share the same fairway. So just keep an eye out when playing this course.

- Not enough challenge. The holes are basically straight shots. Most holes are dueceable and some ace runs.

- The holes that let you throw for distance are just open fields ( 15 and 16)

- I personally don't like the baskets, they booted a lot of fast putts.

- I can't say this is all the time, but by the time I left ( 5 ish ) it was pretty crowded.

- No underbrush to create obstacles. ( In both pros and cons for different reasons )
Other Thoughts: >If you want a relaxing quick round of disc golf, this is a really great place to go.
>Even though I had a lot of cons, I enjoyed the round I played.
>The park might be crowded in the evening, which creates some safety issues if you're not watching.
> Overall a very beginner friendly course.
> This could be a really nice 9 hole, but it's scrunched into an 18.

*** If you found this review unhelpful or would like some more info, please send me a personal message here on DGCR so I can help out.

I like it

1    6/9/2012   6/11/2012
Review By: Freebird
Pros: Great cement tee pads, nicely marked, great baskets with arrows pointing to the next tee, nice layout with a great mix of challenges, high shots, low shots, rights & lefts & some that you can choose which way around or over an obstacle. The people we met here were nice. 18 finishes up right along the fence by the pool and on a hot summer day the scenery isn't bad.
Cons: The basket for 11 is right along the park boundary and a throw past the basket ends up in some serious OB where I'd be worried about poison weeds, bugs and snakes. It was 95, sunny, and dry the day we played and we were getting KILLED by HUGE mosquitoes. I can't imagine what this place would be like if it was wet.
Other Thoughts: I wish I'd brought bug spray, a jungle hat, and a swimsuit so I could jump in the pool after, but it was worth the drive to get away from the hustle of Branson and play here. Ozark is a nice town and if we get back I'd probably play a round and then check out some of the other stuff to do.

Great beginer course

5+    12/4/2011   1/22/2012
Review By: Bender
Pros: Enough elevation and trees to make it interesting. It is a miniature Waterworks Park, KC. It is a great place to take the Wife or g/f who might not play very often. They will find it a fun and easy course to play. Never had any beef with Johnny law for drinking a few brews during the round. Good course if you wanna practice upshots and putter shots off the tee.
Cons: Course is really short, and not very challenging. The two holes that let you stretch your arm out a little bit are wide open.
Other Thoughts: Fun place to take the ladies. My girl loves this course which is usually about the only time I play this course. One of the more fun courses in the area to play due to the trees and elevation. Just wish all the holes were longer.

new tees

2-4    11/17/2011   11/18/2011
Review By: chiz414
Pros: Well kept, various trees and terrain, not too difficult for beginners. not as busy as some city parks. Every hole has concrete tee box. One of my favorites. I drive 65 miles one way to play this course.
Cons: more advanced players may think it too beginner friendly.
Other Thoughts: Recently several baskets and tees have been moved to make it a little more challenging.