5 Helpful / 0 Not
Was This a Joke? It DOES Start With "HA"!
Pros: 1. Good use of elevation, where applicable.
2. Located in a very nice park.
3. Several different shot types required to take a good score.
4. Hole #4 was probably the only memorable hole out here. Finesse, water in play, awesome elevation.
Cons: 1. The baskets were a big issue for me. They're installed very poorly, sticking out 4-6 inches higher than what would be considered regulation.
2. Poor signage. The first tee is right off the parking lot, but the sign is missing, so it might not be obvious where you have to start. To add to that, the signs that DO exist only indicate hole number and YARDAGE (not feet; where are we, on a ball golf course?) Hole 5 can be confusing because it's blind off the tee and behind some trees to the left, so you may think the basket of #8 in the open field is where you're shooting.
3. The tees are ridiculous. Wood frames filled with gravel, rutted out and eroded, about 6 x 6...outright dangerous to play from them in some areas!
4. What in the hell was Hole #7? Granted, I had a decent tomahawk and parked this for a deuce, but my wife and kids didn't even bother playing. Absolutely no discernible fairway or landing area except in a 3-foot radius around the basket, and if you don't have an overhand shot you're screwed. No way should this hole exist without some SERIOUS trimming.
Other Thoughts: This is a pretty large multi-use park, and when you see some of the wooded areas not utilized between #2 and #3, you almost wonder where the other 9 holes are that could have been installed out here with some thought and dedication to putting in a decent course. Some holes ARE well designed and require finesse, but it's just such a bland course with ridiculous "fairways" that it's like the course was just plopped in and forgotten about (except for all those poor Plymouth kids, whom I pity for having only this to call their home course). The best thing they could do for this course is to yank it all out of the ground and start over, put some thought into it (the city park signs directing you to the "Frisbee Golf Course" made me think that devoted disc golfers had very little to do with the design and installation). Go ahead and play this if you're in the area, but don't go out of your way...if you've got a craving for a 9-holer, try Kiel, or even Pigeon River Elementary.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.