Layout Extinct

New Lenox, IL
Haine's Wayside Park - Old Layout Share
4 / --   4 / --   4 / --   4 / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #14 Basket (Photo taken from area between #13/#14 fairways)

1    9/12/2009   9/13/2009
Review By: trimixjoe
Pros: 2 holes have possible water hazard if you over throw the basket. The wooded area was great with at least 3/4 of the holes are in or with great tree coverage.
Cons: It was my first time there and luckily we met Mathew who plays the course often and showed us all the holes otherwise we would have been so lost...signs are either not there, painted over, or vandalized...
The tees are bad and need some serious work.

B = Be nice but also a Bit funky

1    8/1/2009   8/28/2009
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 18 hole courses:

1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == B (Wooded holes are pretty well designed. I really liked the hole along the stream - #5?)

2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I throw 300' accurately, 360' max. == B (A lot of the holes are good and fun par 3's for my skill level. A few are too short.)

3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == B (A little too open for my preference - about half are wide open, and I prefer no more than 6. Makes really good use of the limited terrain)

4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == B- (Middle of the road - nothing special. Park is pretty much secluded and area by the stream is nice.)

5) Bonus points for multi-throw holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == N/A

Decent Local Course

5+    5/4/2009   5/4/2009
Review By: omishbeard48
Pros: -Good if you are in a hurry, or are playing more courses.
-Some variety in shots with large trees and some narrow fairways.
-Excellent for beginners.
-Confidence builder!!!
Cons: -Next to sewage treatment plant
-Signs are terrible.
-After rain hole 7 usually floods as well as OB to right on hole 9 and 10.
-Someone took out baskets for hole 4 and 6 leaving only hole 5 with a creek hazard
Other Thoughts: It is a great local course where tons of people can go to have fun. If it had some upkeep on signs and tee's it would be a nice course. If you are passing by on way to Highland or West Park, stop at Haines for a quick game.

short and done

5+    4/15/2009   4/16/2009
Review By: jdunk03
Pros: good to learn on can get done in under an hour water fountian on course pinic tables good time
Cons: lot of people play on this short course back ups during pick hours. holes 4 and 5 have water damage and can lose ur disc if u go long
Other Thoughts: no one really takes care of it could be so much more

oooo oooo that smell

5+    10/12/2008   10/14/2008
Review By: Sam1607
Pros: pretty decent shots all around, some shots average distance, some long distance, nice short straight shot to get you into the woods, right after this hole theres a good spot to take a short break on some big logs.
Cons: the smell from the stream or whatever it is sometimes can be terrible, after the flooding we had here the waters been moving a little more so it smells less because its not stagnant. last time i played i encountered a snake in the woods, a good 2 feet in length, got about 10 feet away from it and it started comin at me trying to bite me...damn snake.
There's a park, a little 'baseball diamond', a picnic pavillion and a volleyball pit, so theres a chance there will be people and small children in the way. New Lenox Cops SUCK!
Other Thoughts: pretty good course all in all, watch out for snakes.