Rockwall, TX
Harry Myers DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #1 (Taken 3/2013)

< Prev 1 2 3
great course

5+    3/23/2014   3/29/2014
Review By: JakeGad
Pros: - Good catchers
- Long and short drive pads
- Concrete drive pads
- Excellent variation in shots
- Good use of land / elevation (given it's TX)
Cons: - Some holes are very generous in rating (just knock them down)
- Usually a wait
Other Thoughts: I love this course; good mix on long/short, open/tight, hyzer/annie.

Could Play Every Week

1    3/23/2013   3/28/2013
Review By: Prafeston
Pros: Walked up to #1 Blue tee and could tell right away I was going to like it. A group of trees obstructs your lines and makes your first throw one you've already got to put some thought into.

The course had a nice mix of tight wooded shots and more open shots. There was also a good use of the land. Couple of the wholes had several elevation changes an turns.

Almost every hole had short and long tees that looked like they provided completely different views of the course. (Except for a few of the really short holes that just used the same tee.) The tees were also very well marked. Signs pointing to them and good hole signage posted at each tee.

Nice big park so the holes weren't bumping into each other a whole lot. Parking lot is setup nice to start on #1 and finish on #18.
Cons: Not a whole lot of negatives to say about this course.

I went on a day that has overcast and a little sprinkling of rain, but I could see how on a nice summer/spring day the park could be crowded and non-DGers might get in the way.

Don't remember the number, but one of the tees you had to walk across the fairway of another hole to get to from the basket of the hole you just finished.

Would have been nice to see the lake come into play a few times.
Other Thoughts: Seems like a really well laid out course at a scenic park. I wouldn't mind this being my home course and playing it every week!

Some really cool holes on the front nine. Loved #6 with the basket tucked behind a tree.

Overall a great course with a nice mix of short, long, open, and wooded holes. Saw some mentioning the back nine being boring, but I liked how it opened up so you could really chuck some drivers. And they weren't so open it was just lame. There were still trees in the field that you had to avoid as well as some more elevation changes.

I was visiting from MO and it reminded me a lot of my home course. I will definitely try to come back here next time I'm visiting my family in the Dallas area.

Go big or go bogey.

2-4    4/16/2012   4/22/2012
Review By: Spookyspence
Pros: HUGE HUGE course
Very well maintained
Holes have long and short tees
Trash cans on nearly ever hole
Water fountains
Bathrooms
Great course for left and right handed players
Cons: None that I can think off
Other Thoughts: This is an amazing course! It is off the main road so its nice and peaceful, they take very very good care of it, all the holes on the course have a good amount of challenge and it doesn't favor right or left handed players more than the other. The first 9 holes are more wooded where you have to follow lines and the back 9 open up for big arm throwers.
Over all if you love disc golf play this course! I would not recommend it to new players because it could be too much for them though.

1    1/2/2012   1/4/2012
Review By: pfluegel
Pros: Very rewarding course, well signed with a variety of different shots, a few ace potential shots and some spots for a big arm. Elevation changes, water hazards, this course has it all!
Cons: Only one restroom for the whole course, right by hole one, that being said, plenty of bushes...
Other Thoughts: My favorite course

Solid TX Course

1    7/17/2011   7/22/2011
Review By: The otto
Pros: This course is by far the best overall course I have played in TX. First, the course was overall in very good shape. Save for a few of the early wooded holes which had some trash, the course was clean and well maintained. The signage was superb, both in directing players to the next and and in describing each hole. Good mix of distances for the holes, and good shot variety. I played from the long tees, and often the tee was vastly different from the short, and the signage was neccesary. In addition, adequate elevation change and great use of the elevation change on the course. Favorite hole was 1, touchy hyzer with fast green
Cons: The only thing missing from this course is no fault of the course, and thats simply more elevation change. I think the course rewards most good shots. There are a few holes which could have better lines, holes 2 and 11 come to mind.

2-4    12/16/2012   7/8/2011
Review By: JezCat
This review was updated on 1/23/2013
Pros: This is my favorite course to play because of the variety of shots it gives you. Some long holes and some shorter ones, both right and left doglegs, tight section of wooded holes that will test your accuracy and control, a few elevation changes and not much risk of losing a disc. My favorite is the signature hole #3. Easy to follow and clean. Advanced and beginner tees.
Cons: Windy on most days except on the wooded holes of course. Some poison ivy in those woods so bring sanitizer or wipes. Could use a water hazard or two for extra variety but I hate losing discs so I'm fine with it.
Other Thoughts: I've had my worst outing and one of my best on this course on consecutive trips. This course is a must play. Hope you enjoy this course as much as I do.

Woods and Drives

5+    6/25/2011   6/25/2011
Review By: wtrace
Pros: Lots of variety, some long drives, some shorter finesse shots. A great challenge for all types of players. Never really very crowded and it can be done pretty quickly as long as you don't spend too much time looking for discs.
Cons: Lots of brush and thicket on about half the holes, so sometimes there will be a minor throw error which will cause distress looking for the disc in the thicker parts.
Other Thoughts: The people are generally friendly and as long as you pay attention you wont lose a disc. Sometimes ti gets a little windy, but I would say driving anything up to 45 minutes to an hour is definitely worth going to this course. I go about once or twice a week.

Tremendous Course

5+    4/20/2011   6/5/2011
Review By: captmarshie
Pros: This is my home course so I'm extremely lucky. I've played it since it was installed so I feel I know pretty well what the pros and cons are. Excellent use of features of the land. Some water shots, plenty of wooded shots, distance, elevation changes. It's also easy to navigate with great sign-age. Wood steps installed and a bridge over the water so getting around is pretty easy. Very well maintained year round.
Cons: Moving from 8 to 9, you cross over 3's fairway. In the spring and summer, the foilage gets very thick and can make losing a disc very easy. Often times, people are just walking around the fairways not paying attention which can get very annoying. It can get pretty congested and tends to bottleneck around 3 but flows pretty well after that.
Other Thoughts: All in all this is a great course. It's challenging to say the least, but it has something for all skill levels so beginners shouldn't be scared away. Definitely worth the drive to Rockwall. Out of all the courses I've played, this one is easily the best in my opinion. Give it a shot, you won't regret it.

Best in DFW.

1    3/21/2011   3/21/2011
Review By: TaylorW10
Pros: This is a great DG course. It feels almost like a manicured ball golf course. There are signs for all tees and even some signs pointing you to the baskets on some holes. The front 9 is more wooded and feels secluded. The back 9 has some more open holes to really air out your drives without hitting trees. Fort Worth has Z Boaz, Dallas side of the metroplex has Harry Meyers. I give a slight edge to Harry because it's less crowded, cleaner, and has the best signage I have seen on a DG course. It's a long drive from Ft Worth, but I will definitely be back soon.
Cons: The park is used by non golfers too. I had to wait a couple of times for a dad with his kids who were hiking around in the woods on the front 9. After they saw me on the teebox they moved and also pointed to the basket for me. Not a big deal, but you have to watch out for the non golfers. Also on 17th fairway a couple had a blanket laid out and were having a picnic. I yelled fore and they watched my approach shot sail past them. Again, not a big deal to me but this course would get a 5 from me if it were a DG only park, like Lester Lorch or Z Boaz.
Other Thoughts: My favorite course in the metroplex, even with the long drive from home to get there and the occasional non golfer getting in the way. Front 9 is better than the back, and the 19th hole is at Flying Saucer on Bass Pro Dr just after you cross the lake on the way back home. Excellent beers and a patio on the lake!

Wow, just Wow

1    1/1/2011   1/11/2011
Review By: sheamous
Pros: I've never given a course a 5.0, but I had a hard time convincing myself not to give this course one. I think the one word to sum up this course is immaculate. When I watch disc golf in Europe I drool over the manicured fairways and actual rough. You get that at Rockwall. The fairways are so great and the way they use evergreens as well as oaks is genius. This course plays around the small lake in this community and makes you feel like you're playing in some alternate dimension where there are disc golf country clubs. A great use of natural terrain and water hazards. Signage is amazing. Back of signs painted with appropriate color to designate long or short tees.
Cons: My only beef is there are a couple of par fives that are easy birds or even eagles.
Other Thoughts: If you're based in Ft. Worth like me, you should really make a point to make the drive out to this course. You'll be glad you did. In my opinion, this is the most well maintained course in North Texas.

< Prev 1 2 3