Rockwall, TX
Harry Myers DGC Share
Uploaded By: timg Hole #13 (Taken 3/2013)

5+    12/28/2011   12/30/2011
Review By: JJustinB
Pros: Well maintained park. Its very clean and the fairways almost make you feel like you're on a regular golf course. Good tee pads and signs, which make it easy to get around. Good mix of long and short holes, and there is also a good mix of wooded and open holes. There is a great group of locals that will help you out if you ask. If you have a monster arm, there is also a set of back tees which you can play.
Cons: Because this is more than a disc golf course, there are sometimes other people on the course. I've actually had to tell a family that they shouldn't have their lunch under a tree on hole 8. The course is missing water holes, except for when the holes in the river bottom flood (especially on hole 6).
Other Thoughts: I really enjoy playing this course, and because its only minutes from my house, I play it a lot. This course will help you develop your arm if you're a short knocker.

Solid TX Course

1    7/17/2011   7/22/2011
Review By: The otto
Pros: This course is by far the best overall course I have played in TX. First, the course was overall in very good shape. Save for a few of the early wooded holes which had some trash, the course was clean and well maintained. The signage was superb, both in directing players to the next and and in describing each hole. Good mix of distances for the holes, and good shot variety. I played from the long tees, and often the tee was vastly different from the short, and the signage was neccesary. In addition, adequate elevation change and great use of the elevation change on the course. Favorite hole was 1, touchy hyzer with fast green
Cons: The only thing missing from this course is no fault of the course, and thats simply more elevation change. I think the course rewards most good shots. There are a few holes which could have better lines, holes 2 and 11 come to mind.

2-4    12/16/2012   7/8/2011
Review By: JezCat
This review was updated on 1/23/2013
Pros: This is my favorite course to play because of the variety of shots it gives you. Some long holes and some shorter ones, both right and left doglegs, tight section of wooded holes that will test your accuracy and control, a few elevation changes and not much risk of losing a disc. My favorite is the signature hole #3. Easy to follow and clean. Advanced and beginner tees.
Cons: Windy on most days except on the wooded holes of course. Some poison ivy in those woods so bring sanitizer or wipes. Could use a water hazard or two for extra variety but I hate losing discs so I'm fine with it.
Other Thoughts: I've had my worst outing and one of my best on this course on consecutive trips. This course is a must play. Hope you enjoy this course as much as I do.

Woods and Drives

5+    6/25/2011   6/25/2011
Review By: wtrace
Pros: Lots of variety, some long drives, some shorter finesse shots. A great challenge for all types of players. Never really very crowded and it can be done pretty quickly as long as you don't spend too much time looking for discs.
Cons: Lots of brush and thicket on about half the holes, so sometimes there will be a minor throw error which will cause distress looking for the disc in the thicker parts.
Other Thoughts: The people are generally friendly and as long as you pay attention you wont lose a disc. Sometimes ti gets a little windy, but I would say driving anything up to 45 minutes to an hour is definitely worth going to this course. I go about once or twice a week.

Tremendous Course

5+    4/20/2011   6/5/2011
Review By: captmarshie
Pros: This is my home course so I'm extremely lucky. I've played it since it was installed so I feel I know pretty well what the pros and cons are. Excellent use of features of the land. Some water shots, plenty of wooded shots, distance, elevation changes. It's also easy to navigate with great sign-age. Wood steps installed and a bridge over the water so getting around is pretty easy. Very well maintained year round.
Cons: Moving from 8 to 9, you cross over 3's fairway. In the spring and summer, the foilage gets very thick and can make losing a disc very easy. Often times, people are just walking around the fairways not paying attention which can get very annoying. It can get pretty congested and tends to bottleneck around 3 but flows pretty well after that.
Other Thoughts: All in all this is a great course. It's challenging to say the least, but it has something for all skill levels so beginners shouldn't be scared away. Definitely worth the drive to Rockwall. Out of all the courses I've played, this one is easily the best in my opinion. Give it a shot, you won't regret it.

What's a snake bunker????

1    6/1/2011   6/5/2011
Review By: CTRobuck
Pros: Loved the course!!! Well maintained and has a variety of shots. Nice park, and worth the 1 and half drive from East Texas.

The course is pretty easy to navigate, so first timers should be able to make it around with no issues.
Cons: A buddy of mine threw his disc in the water behind #1 basket. As we walked walked down there we noticed something a little peculiar. 4 yes 4 water mocassins swimming around his disc. They weren't big, but a small mocassin is worse than a full grown one!!!! Anyway, I got the disc back and then we went and talked to maintenance. They told us to be carefull because they are apparently EVERY where!!!

It's understandable when you come in and modernize an area so fast. Rockwall has grown quickly and the snakes just have nowhere else to go.

SO BE CAREFUL OUT HERE!!!!

It's fun and worth the round just keep your eyes peeled!!!
Other Thoughts: Fun course, will definitely return.

Keep your eyes open for snakes and CHALLENGE yourself and play the back tees!!!!

1    4/2/2011   4/5/2011
Review By: coolpooky7
Pros: This is a really fun course with a lot of hole variation. Good transition between long and short holes as well as open shot to wooded shots. Lots of signs to let you know where the next tee box is and the next basket is located.
Cons: A lot of rude locals. I don't know how many times we almost got hit by a flying disc because people just cannot wait to throw. Not only that, they never gave a warning shout when they threw.

Best in DFW.

1    3/21/2011   3/21/2011
Review By: TaylorW10
Pros: This is a great DG course. It feels almost like a manicured ball golf course. There are signs for all tees and even some signs pointing you to the baskets on some holes. The front 9 is more wooded and feels secluded. The back 9 has some more open holes to really air out your drives without hitting trees. Fort Worth has Z Boaz, Dallas side of the metroplex has Harry Meyers. I give a slight edge to Harry because it's less crowded, cleaner, and has the best signage I have seen on a DG course. It's a long drive from Ft Worth, but I will definitely be back soon.
Cons: The park is used by non golfers too. I had to wait a couple of times for a dad with his kids who were hiking around in the woods on the front 9. After they saw me on the teebox they moved and also pointed to the basket for me. Not a big deal, but you have to watch out for the non golfers. Also on 17th fairway a couple had a blanket laid out and were having a picnic. I yelled fore and they watched my approach shot sail past them. Again, not a big deal to me but this course would get a 5 from me if it were a DG only park, like Lester Lorch or Z Boaz.
Other Thoughts: My favorite course in the metroplex, even with the long drive from home to get there and the occasional non golfer getting in the way. Front 9 is better than the back, and the 19th hole is at Flying Saucer on Bass Pro Dr just after you cross the lake on the way back home. Excellent beers and a patio on the lake!

Wow, just Wow

1    1/1/2011   1/11/2011
Review By: sheamous
Pros: I've never given a course a 5.0, but I had a hard time convincing myself not to give this course one. I think the one word to sum up this course is immaculate. When I watch disc golf in Europe I drool over the manicured fairways and actual rough. You get that at Rockwall. The fairways are so great and the way they use evergreens as well as oaks is genius. This course plays around the small lake in this community and makes you feel like you're playing in some alternate dimension where there are disc golf country clubs. A great use of natural terrain and water hazards. Signage is amazing. Back of signs painted with appropriate color to designate long or short tees.
Cons: My only beef is there are a couple of par fives that are easy birds or even eagles.
Other Thoughts: If you're based in Ft. Worth like me, you should really make a point to make the drive out to this course. You'll be glad you did. In my opinion, this is the most well maintained course in North Texas.

It's the best Jerry...the Best!

5+    2/26/2011   10/9/2010
Review By: kylewarner42
This review was updated on 3/6/2011
Pros: Hopefully you've eaten your Wheaties prior to taking on this challenging course. T-Rex type arms should just stay home or expect to score 90+. This course is the best maintained course in the DFW area, minimal trash, frequently mowed, mature trees, beautifully manicured, ascetically pleasing. The elevations vary throughout this course. You have to bring out your entire arsenal to master this beast, but it isn't impossible to shoot a good score. There are many different hole types, from relatively wide open, to threading a needle. This course had to be designed by a seasoned vet.
Cons: No holes are over water. Crowded on weekends (with good weather).
Other Thoughts: There is a multi-mile walking trail, a huge play castle/jungle gym (for kids), Skateboard Park, Softball/Baseball, and Football fields, swimming pool (fees apply for the pool), several ponds (for fishing) all in the same area. Even if you have a family that doesn't enjoy throwing disc, it'd be a fun filled day for the entire family as long as you enjoy the outdoors.