Corona, SD
Hartford Beach DGC Share

draco1010

2-4    10/15/2012   10/16/2012
Review By: Draco1010
Pros: Well kept
Great Baskets
Good markers and some concrete T Pads
Cons: Small coarse
Needs more concrete T Pads
Should have a sign by the interstate
Other Thoughts: Deffenitly would play this coarse to work out ur hyzers, elevation, and thumber shots

Another Gem in the Middle of Nowhere

1    6/11/2012   6/13/2012
Review By: mndiscg
This review was updated on 8/24/2014
Pros: -To start out, it is easy to find, there is a big course map with the best scorecards I have ever seen, an adequate parking lot. Clear starting point on the course.
-Tees are marked with a number and distance by a wooden stake.
-A very good variation of hole length. It gets pretty brutal on 3-5 then 6 and 7 are a welcome relief for a small armed player before it gets long again to end the round.
-There are clearly defined fairways to throw down but they still offer a good challenge and the rough is thick although not too mean. I didn't spot any pain inducing plants, just tall prairie grass, sumacs and other small trees and bushes.
-Great use of elevation on a lot of the holes.
-Nice Innova baskets
-Could lose a disc but it isn't too bad. I didn't have any extended searches
-You might not see any other disc golfers when here. It is a pretty secluded course. It is also secluded from the rest of the park so you won't have to watch out for too many park users.
-Hole 3 has a great view of Big Stone Lake and the whole course is generally very scenic.
-I would say that hole 4 is the signature hole with an elevated tee over a slight valley full of sumacs and the hole in a more open area on the other side. Each hole was quite memorable and I will write Hole Tips about all of them so be sure to check into that as well.
Cons: -Natural tees, all are in good condition though.
-Can be very windy here.
-This course is in the middle of nowhere. It is probably 20 miles from Milbank which isn't overly populated itself.

I don't have a lot of overall complaints. I think they could expand to 18 holes but disc golf isn't usually the main priority in SD State Parks.
Other Thoughts: The SD Parks Department did a great job of designing many of their courses. This one is no exception and may be my favorite of them all. It is pay to get in the park and therefore pay to play. I don't know if I would recommend driving multiple hours to get here but it is worth the 15 minutes off I29 or if you would like to camp and enjoy Big Stone Lake this is a good opportunity to do so. I really enjoyed this course even though the wind was blowing hard when I played. I will go back again.

5+    8/6/2010   8/7/2010
Review By: hyzerburn
Pros: Distance ranges from 180-555 feet. Almost every hole has elevation change. Easy to see where you're going. Great view of the lake on hole 3. Only one hole would be considered right hand dominant. And it's really not that much of a righty hole. There's actually 2 holes that are more lefty friendly. Which I count as a pro. Bugs weren't a problem which is unusual for courses in South Dakota in areas like this.
Cons: I'd like to see more mature trees on some of the fairways. Although there are spots you want to navigate around and not land it which kind of makes up for the lack of trees. Hole 1's tee is just a box filled with gravel. I had to wear a spot away so I wouldn't slide in it.
Other Thoughts: The course was moved to a different spot and plays almost 2975 feet now. I never played the old course but I didn't hear good things about it. This one on the other hand is pretty good. A few improvements and 9 more holes and it could be a contender for one of the best courses in the state.
I updated the hole info.

2-4    4/17/2010   4/22/2010
Review By: jimdrum2000
Pros: lots of tree... mowed nicely. didnt have a large amount of people playing.. maybe 2 groups. far end of the park so its far from traffic.
Cons: small course.... needs some better tee boxes...washed out gravel holes.
Other Thoughts: lots of fun....drove over a hour to play it...well worth it...great park.