Grapevine, TX
Bear Creek Share
Uploaded By: Donovan Hole #11
Hole #11 Tee: Just go straight ahead and find the basket through the trees to the right.

< Prev 1 2 3
nice time today

2-4    11/2/2014   11/2/2014
Review By: JVG333
Pros: Great all around course. First time playing this one. Our group of seven had such a great time we went around twice... Great day!
Cons: Weekly turnys interrupted Sunday freeplay for a few minutes here and there at times today.... But we enjoy watching great shots as well as throwing them.... so it really was not a big deal.
Other Thoughts: Ready to go again!

2-4    11/23/2013   11/25/2013
Review By: natay
Pros: - Great terrain diversity
- Good tee boxes for the beginner and expert alike.
- Friendly Squirrels- On hole 9 I threw my driver way up in a tree. I climbed up to get it and when I was close to the top where my disc was a squirrel stuck his head out of a hole. I was like 'hey there buddy' and I noticed he had an acorn in his mouth. He started inchin towards me and I was like 'what is this squirrel up to?!' When he was right up by my face he grabbed the acorn out of his mouth and held it up to mine. And I said 'no thanks'. I got my disc back in the end.
Cons: Some holes are hard to find. Lack of signage.

Nice course!

1    11/19/2013   11/19/2013
Review By: fhtagn
Pros: Long and short tees for variability of play.
Plenty of trees in clumps and singles, small and large, with the course set in a way to make them enjoyable in the challange they bring without simply being "throw through this tunnel we cut in the trees."
A very fun walk and setting.
Cons: Some confusion on where to go to get to the next tee, at least for me on my first play through.
At this time of year there were a few spots with leaves a foot thick on the ground making losing a disc under them a possibility.

Wooded, Low Ceilings

1    6/16/2013   6/16/2013
Review By: JeremyKShort
Pros: A very nice course with shorter technical holes. Most of the holes make you throw under the low ceiling of branches. It puts the creek to good use on a few holes. This is a very good course for those who want to work on shaping lines and keeping their discs lower, as it's not a long bomber course.
Cons: The tee signs, while showing the holes and various lines extremely well, fail on the most important criteria, namely featuring the hole number prominently. The number is in the bottom right corner in the same size font as the other text. Navigation is tricky in a few places, and the lack of prominent numbers on the tee signs, as well a lack of numbers on the baskets, make it difficult to see from a distance which tees and which baskets go together.
Other Thoughts: Holes 1 - 12 are together on one side of the park. 13 - 19 require a walk across the parking lot to get to. Most of the holes are easy to walk around, however 9 has a fairly steep downhill trail to cross the creek.

One of my favorites!

5+    2/12/2013   3/14/2013
Review By: FairwayBeast
Pros: Very fun course to play. It has clear info of the course. It has one of the best holes I've ever played, hole 12. The locals call it "the gauntlet".
Cons: It gets packed on the weekends. I really don't like waiting on large groups and we ran into that many times.
Other Thoughts: I suggest going during the week. My buddy and I went on a Tuesday and played for a good 7 hours with no interruptions.

Great find, Underrated

1    7/23/2012   7/24/2012
Review By: DGCakes
Pros: Pretty Technical
Each hole has two tee positions
Through woods so very shaded from TX heat
Cons: Wont miss the trees
Not the most easily navigable
Other Thoughts: This park was awesome. It's kind of nestled out of the way and you will miss it if you aren't looking for it from the road. Don't let it's short length make you think it'll be easy!

New Signage

5+    6/23/2012   7/17/2012
Review By: Kuel
Pros: NEW signage. Signs are large and use satellite photography for hole layout.
Two sets of concrete tees on every hole.
Two practice baskets about 30 feet apart.
Lot's of good birdie opportunities, especially from the short tees.
Cons: Poison Ivy. Can get get crowded during peak hours. A coulpe of holes are notorious disc eaters.
Other Thoughts: This is probably my second favorite course of the 14 I've played. Most of the holes require more touch off the tee than power. Somebody has put in some serious hours out there the past couple of months. The new signage, wood chip around the starting area, and new practice baskets are great.

My home course

5+    4/16/2012   4/19/2012
Review By: zendragon
Pros: Great range of shots.
Mostly easy to navigate.
Lots of shade but not too many trees to make it unplayable.
Beautiful landscape.
Cons: A few spots to lose discs.
Crowded on the weekends and evenings.
Other Thoughts: I would consider this my home course and I play it at least once a week. I love the feeling of being deep in nature even though you're right off a highway and a community. The holes themselves are pretty great. There are alternate pin positions and whoever keeps up the course moves them pretty regularly. Combining that with the alternate tee pads gives you the ability to almost play a new course each time you go. Hole 16 is the only hole I've lost a disc in the water. The rest of the creek is pretty shallow and I'll go in and fish them out, but on hole 16 the water gets over 15 ft deep. If you throw rhbh with any sort of stable to over stable disc here, be careful. Hole 15 has a few challenges for your disc as well. One pin position has the basket sitting on the edge of the creek. It's about 4 ft deep just behind the basket, but if you have a shot that goes off a tree or you get a bad release on, further up the creek it gets quite a bit deeper. The only other real dangerous spot to lose a disc is hole 5. There is a murky pond behind one of the pin positions. The pond is full of limbs and debris, so fishing something out of there takes a lot of patience.
If you're careful on those 3 holes though, the rest are pretty safe with just some trees to offer a challenge to the well kept up fairways.
I really can't recommend this course enough. While there is no single hole that I would say is the best I've played, all of them are fun and challenging enough that make this course one of the best I have ever played all around.

Bear Creek

2-4    3/28/2012   4/5/2012
Review By: ColtonV
Pros: -Great variety
-Fairly Easy to navigate
-Not too short
-Offers a challenge to some
-People sell disks in the parking lot for cheap sometimes
-2 tee boxes per hole
Cons: -Poison ivy is the biggest thing
-Can sometimes get a little backed up
-There is a chance you will lose a disc on a few holes
Other Thoughts: Some REALLY cool holes on here. The only thing that I really don't like is the great amount of poison ivy that resides here. I've only gotten it once when I was there though. This is my "home course" I guess so I do have a kind of bias, but every time I go I have a great time and have thrown with some nice people.

Bring a map

1    2/26/2012   2/27/2012
Review By: lajoie24
Pros: Had a great time playing the course - definitely one of the top precision shot courses in the DFW area. Baskets are in good shape and the park was very clean. Since the course cuts through the woods, the trees provide lots of protection from the wind (we played when it was 20+ mph with very few issues). Multiple tee boxes make an already demanding course that much more fun. I highly recommend this course to any player that can handle the sound of discs hitting multiple trees.
Cons: Bring the map provided by this wonderful site. I did and still wound up frustrated/confused on how to get to a few holes. The locals are cool and helped a lot with directions. There are many awkward transitions from hole to hole and the signage is poor. You have to walk half way around the course (and through the 1st fairway) to get from the 12th hole to the 13th hole.
It's real easy to throw discs off the fairway into the brush. There's some nasty thorny brush to contend with at times. Jeans might be mandatory.
Other Thoughts: The 12th hole is one of the more dramatic I've played in the area. I'm very interested in coming back once the trees get their leaves back. If you find a flat glow firebird in the creek by the basket on 15, enjoy!

< Prev 1 2 3