Walkersville, MD
Heritage Farm Park Share
Uploaded By: gameboy9 Hole #1

Nice course with a good future

1    6/5/2015   6/7/2015
Review By: thirtydirtybirds
Pros: For a player getting back into the game this course is great. Lots of room and doesn't overlap the common use areas of the park too much. Variety of shots and lines to take, with good mix of open and wooded. Young trees planted within the last few years will be great once they grow in, the group that keeps this course placed the trees well. Overall a solid course that is easy to follow and fun to play.
Cons: Could use a little trimming in my opinion. Not a lot, but there were a few shots that felt like the designer intended a riskier play to be an option, but a vine or young branch cuts right through the flight path. I'm not talking limb removal here, just a small amount of snipping to entice the riskier shots.

A few holes do play near well used walking paths, watch your throws.
Other Thoughts: If anyone finds a deep blue opto River to the right of the basket on hole 6, in the real deep rough call me! My number is on the inside of the rim.

This is a neat opportunity for me to play a course as it grows in. It's not too far from my home, and is the second best option for me after work. I look forward to seeing how different the course plays once the trees grow in a bit more.

Good Lightly Wooded Course

5+    7/23/2012   7/23/2012
Review By: lions240
This review was updated on 8/17/2012
Pros: Great fairways that allow clear drives and shots. I live only 3 or 4 min form the course and it is in a convenient location.
Cons: There are places on the course that make me nervous, like on the front 9 the holes seem to be near a tree line that makes it very easy to loose disks

New player POV

5+    5/25/2010   5/25/2010
Review By: Jester
Pros: Front nine is fun and different.
Difficulty increases as trees fill in for the warmer seasons.
Score card with distance, and a map on the back.
New practice basket by first hole.
Cons: Back nine is all long drives and repetitive.
Often a crowded park.
Other Thoughts: This is the course that I'm learning to play on, so I truly love it. The back nine is indeed open, but it is a literal wind tunnel. Walkersville itself is always very windy, and the back nine is just an open field. Look NW (I think) and you will see nothing but corn fields separating you from steep, sloping mountains. For me, this negates the 'openness' of the 9. The ground slightly slopes, and playing to the wind can be a challenge on its own. If you're experienced though, it does not pose much threat other than a bad annoyance, and an extra throw here and there.

Also, they are in the process of putting in a new set of tees for Pro/Am. This should change the back nine quite a bit. Some of the existing tees are now just the Am tees, and you're down that little hill or whatever now.