Howards Grove, WI
HGHS DGC Share

D = Doesn’t Do much for Dave

1    6/27/2010   2/27/2011
Pros: What I personally like and how this course stacks up in my list of 9 hole courses:

1) Holes with good risk/reward. Fair, but harsh punishment for bad decisions or execution. == D
(Wide open course. Other than some steep grassy banks that come into play if you are way off line, there is no danger and therefore no risk or decision making.)

2) Holes that have rewarding birdie opportunities for me. I'm a Blue level player (950ish skill) who throws 300' accurately, 360' max. == D+
(5 of the holes are too short to be rewarding for me and one is too long. So only 3 are a length where carding a deuce is fun, but with no obstacles the fun is reduced big time.)

3) More wooded than open - lots of variety of shots required caused by hole shape and topography == D+
(Very little shot-shaping required other than a couple places that there are ballfield fences to be avoided or inclines to be landed on. But even those are not a true test of real disc golf skills.)

4) Natural beauty (Appalachian beauty preferred) and seclusion. == C-
(The grass is very nice and lush. The school is in a rural area away from the hustle bustle. But natural beauty and real seclusion….this course lacks.)

5) Bonus points for multi-throw holes with defined landing zones, good risk/reward and multiple options to play them. == NA
Other Thoughts: I realize that this course is not designed for me but rather for DG to be introduced to kids at high school gym class.
My 0.0 rating has no offense intended, but I try to be true/consistent to my approach and grading scale as I can be.....and this course has no more ability to draw me back to itself than a practice basket on a field has.